It's 71 degrees out and Christmas is only three days away.  I can't wait!  I can already tell that this is going to be a hodge podge of a post. (I obviously didn't post this when it was written. It's 3 days after Christmas and a cold 34 outside.)

I love this time of year... the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It's such a fun time with so many things to do.  We had a great Thanksgiving!  I'm a sucker for traditions and starting them and this year, we started a Thankful Tree.  Throughout the days before Thanksgiving, KT, the boys and I would write different things we are thankful for on the leaves of our tree.  I loved listening to the responses we would get from the boys when we asked them what they were thankful for each night.  I'm excited to see how our thanks change each year.


Speaking of thankfulness, I love listening to the boys say their prayers each night.  I have learned so much about prayer from them.  Jesus wants us to come to Him like children and with a child-like faith, but sometimes that's hard as adults.  Listening to them list off the things they are thankful for - like the trees - makes me realize the many things I don't even think about thanking God for.  I hope that I always display an attitude of gratitude and set an example of thanking God for His blessings, both big and small, and not just at Thanksgiving time.

Another thing we had to be thankful for this year was Clemson winning the ACC Championship and going to the Orange Bowl.  I must admit that I have certainly enjoyed watching the Tigers play ball all year.  As a reborn Tiger, I like it better on this "side."  It makes me smile watching KT get so excited when Clemson scores.  :)

For the most part, we finished Christmas shopping a few weeks ago.  It's been nice to have everything done early and not have to worry about last minute shopping.  Now, if only I could find some Binanca, I'd be set.  
. If you're wondering, I didn't find any Binanca.

We started Christmas early last weekend when we celebrated the holiday with the boys and my family.  We had a blast.  They enjoyed riding the Gator around the fields and K.C. had fun going through holes and puddles.  Opening presents was fun, too!

Santa came to visit the boys on Christmas Eve. They were great boys this year and Santa brought them cars, tracks, games and so many other fun things. We had a great time playing with them and their toys all day. We also went to the Christmas Eve service at church before we went to Mimi and Granddaddy's to celebrate Christmas. I had been told all about how Santa would come and fill up our stockings while we waited upstairs in the closet. It was great and magical! I love seeing the smiles on the children's faces!

KT and I spent Christmas Eve night at my parents and opened gifts with them and my sister on Christmas morning. We also got to spend some time with the girls before we took the boys home to play with their gifts.

Monday night, we officially finished our Christmas celebrations with supper at nana and Bruce Hall's. We played the Logo Game Kevin gave me while we were there which I thought was fun!

I have enjoyed this Christmas so much! I've always loved this time of year, but this year has been especially special for me. 2011 has been a different year and I am so thankful for the many blessings I have been given and the things I've learned. I hope I always show my thankfulness and appreciation to those I love and act in a way that they know how loved they are.

************************

KT and his dad started a project Monday morning. We are putting tile in the kitchen and it's looking great! They are doing great!

I set a PR at the gym with 4 miles in 29:58 this morning! I am so proud of myself! I love the feeling I have when I workout. KT gave me some pretty new running clothes which make running even more fun! :)

For a last tidbit of information before I call it a night, I'm enjoying the new iPad!