As I started to blog today, I realized I have a few "unblogged" posts started.  The jist of them all: blessings.

I'm blessed.  So blessed.  I'm not blessed because of the things I've done.  I'm not blessed because of the things I haven't done.  I'm blessed because Jesus has given His blessings to me, freely.  I'm blessed because of Grace.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.  For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight.  In love, He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will - to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves.  In Him, we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. 
Ephesians 1:3-8

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!  In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade.  This inheritance is kept in heaven for you!
1 Peter 1:3-4


It's been a busy few weeks.  We've had so much going on and have had so much fun!

The last time I blogged it was KT's birthday.  On his birthday night, we went out to dinner with the boys, our parents, and my sister and his friend, then went back home for cake, ice cream and gifts.  KT asked for red velvet cake and this is what I made:

If only I could've made orange layers!  We had fun celebrating KT and I think there were two little boys who just may have loved blowing out candles and unwrapping presents!

I got to go on my first preschool field trip with K.C. to the planetarium.  It was a blast (no pun intended)!  He is so interested in space, so we knew he'd love it.  One of my favorite things he said that day when referring to Mars, "There's the hot planet!  It's my favorite planet!" I really enjoyed getting to be with him on that field trip!

St. Patrick's Day was a big day for us.  We wore our green to a local 5K I ran and it must have brought me luck because I finished as the 3rd female overall and first in my age group.  It was a PR for me in a race.  I really love running and truth be told, I really love doing these races because I like to win.  I said it.  It's out there.  I run for the t-shirts and the prizes!  I loved seeing Kevin and the boys waving as I started the race, but loved even more running to the finish and hearing them cheer for me.  It was the motivation I needed!

After the race, the second big event and check off of our list happened: a new car!  I desperately needed a new car as mine had nearly 200,000 miles on it even though it was less than six years old.  We looked for a while and negotiated with several dealerships for about a month and were able to get the exact car we wanted.  I loved my Jeep, but the new 4Runner was the right choice.

We got to support Madeline in a pageant last week.  She looked so beautiful and I was so proud of her!

This past Sunday, we took the boys to the Rail Trail.  They loved it!  We took their bikes and they biked almost a whole mile.  I was impressed!  We may have finished our walk/ride with KT carrying Kaden's bike and me riding K.C.'s (Trust me, KT has a picture to prove it!).  It's something we'll have to do more of.  After our time there, we went to Red Bowl, a new Asian Bistro in town.  As you know, I'm not a huge fan of Asian cuisine, but let me tell you, this place was delicious!  I think Kevin was happy that I loved it because he loves Chinese and Japanese.  Not only did I like what I got, I loved what everyone else liked.  It took almost 26 years, but I can finally say I like Chinese... if it's from Red Bowl.  :)

I'm in full party planning mode for Kaden's upcoming birthday.  He'll be three on April 9th!  We're going to be celebrating pirate style!  For a hint of inspiration:
Source: mrsainthecove.blogspot.com via Anna on Pinterest


I've picked up some supplies from the Party Place and can't wait to see all the things we ordered from Amazon and Oriental Trading!

Speaking of birthdays, mine is in less than a week.  I'm looking forward to celebrating this weekend with our family!