A Beach Getaway



This past weekend, we took the boys, along with KT's parents, to Garden City for the weekend.  It was a great getaway!

We decided to go on the spur of the moment last Tuesday night.  We were able to rent a condo at Inlet Pointe where we stayed for a long weekend last summer.  We enjoyed it and I'd recommend it for a short stay.  It's right on the inlet in Garden City, so we were able to take KT's dad's boat, which we all enjoyed.

I had some things going on at work Thursday and a board meeting on Friday which happened to conveniently be at the beach, so I was able to head down a little early Thursday and not miss too much time with my sweet family Friday.

Thursday night, we met up with Bill, Linda, Sara, and sweet Lola for some dinner at Chicago Pizza.  It was great getting to see everyone and I think the boys enjoyed seeing Lola.

On Friday, as I went to work, everyone went on the beach.  That afternoon, KT and I took the boys to play putt putt at Tupelo Bay.  They had fun "winning" every hole!  KT and I tied, but I did get a hole in one on the mystery hole of the day.  My prize was a batch of coupons for more golf and free appetizers at some local restaurants.

Friday night, we went to one of our very favorite places, Texas Roadhouse.  K.C. and Kaden loved opening the peanuts and eating them.  Personally, I liked the rolls, specifically the honey cinnamon butter with them.  (I have to find a way to make it at home!)  When I say that our side of the table ate almost two baskets of rolls, I'm not kidding.  Most of those found their way to K.C. and me.

A trip to the beach is not complete without going to Sam's Corner.  On the way back to the condo Friday night, we stopped in for the boys to play some games.  Kaden liked skee ball and the game where you hit the alligators.  K.C. enjoyed playing the old baseball games and air hockey.

We spent most of the day Saturday on the boat.  The weather was gorgeous!  We stopped at the Pointe to look for shells and saw a ton of jellyfish.  We had fun walking around there and found some pretty things, too.  We had a picnic lunch in the boat before it was time to do some fishing.  Unfortunately, we didn't catch anything (unless you want to count the sun I got!), but the boys sure had fun trying.

We cashed in our free appetizer at California Dreaming Saturday night and then went to Family Kingdom at Mimi's suggestion.  It was a great idea and the boys were so excited to ride rides.  They rode their first roller coaster and had a ball.

It was a great spur of the moment trip and started beach season just right.  Now if only June and July would hurry up and get here so we can spend some more time in Garden City!