In the Face

Have you ever had something hit you in the face?  Like right smack dab in the middle of the face?

It just happened to me and I want to write it down to remember.

Last week, KT and I were talking about patience.  Wouldn't you know that the very next day, I opened up this month's Homelife and the weekly memory verses were all about patience!  I wrote them down in my planner with the intention of memorizing them and wrote this week's verse on a sticky note and stuck it to my computer screen.

A patient person shows great understanding, but a quick tempered one promotes foolishness.
Proverbs 14:29

This verse can be applied to so many areas of my life.

There are several things in my life that I am being patient for now, and trust me, it's not that easy.  Things for the future, but sometimes all the time I WANT THEM NOW.  I WANT TO KNOW!  As I was saying my prayers earlier today, I was praying about these things that cause me to have to have patience.  Praying for wisdom, guidance, and for the ability to not worry about them.

That's when it happened.  That's when I logged onto Facebook and saw the following two verses.  That's when that simple prayer of "Lord, please continue to help me and give me affirmations" hit me right in the middle of the face.  That's when God said, "I've got this.  Stop worrying.  I've given you what you've needed and will continue to.  Trust me."

"If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that!"
James 4:15

"She laughs with no fear of the future for her hope is in Me."
Proverbs 31:25

God has richly blessed me with a great, full life.  There have been dark days, worried days, scared days, but He has given me abundantly more than I ever hoped and imagined and I thank Him everyday for those people, those things.  He's blessed me and reassured me already today with the sight of those two verses within minutes of talking to Him about life.  Our God is good!