National Running Month

Brooks Pure Flow

I've heard it's National Running Month.  I guess that's cause for a celebration, right?  No, really.  I love running.  It's something I've loved for a long time (cue "me love you long time" quote from Full Metal Jacket).  (Yes, I did have to Google that, but give me some credit, I knew that was a famous line.)  I've run, for the most part, regularly since I was 14 or 15.  It's great exercise and I love being outside, so what's not to love?

The past few years, I've started running more.  I'm not a crazy marathoner or anything like that (although I do think I'd like to attempt a half marathon later this year to say I've done one at least), but I enjoy running and the t-shirts and prizes that come with races!

Earlier this year, I decided I wanted to run 500 miles this year (a huge thank you to KT for giving me a reality check on the 1,000 miles I initially said I was going to run!).  That's roughly 41 miles a month and totally doable.  I'm up to 175 miles this year which averages in at, you guessed it, 42 miles per month!

I run because it makes me feel good, strong, and is great exercise.  I run because I like to push myself, like the way I feel after I've worked out hard, and want to set a good example for the boys about a healthy lifestyle.  I run because I want to stay strong and fit.  I run because I like chocolate and bread.  :)

In honor of National Running Month, I want to do the following: