Live Simply


We're busy.  We're all busy.  We're involved in things with work and church and we all have extracurricular activities we participate in.  This is all in addition to the things we do daily.  Things like preparing meals, keeping up with laundry, and tidying up our homes.  There's also a list of other important activities we need to fit into our days like spending time with God and exercising. And we always want to spend good quality time with our families.

You may wonder where I'm going with this.  I'm going to this one word: simplify.

I am the proverbial Type A.  I want to do everything I do well.  I want to go all out on things.  I often take the multiple step approach rather than the easy way.  It's just me.  And while all of that is well and good, it's ok to make things simple.

Now I'm not saying to throw out all of those things, but I am saying that it's crucial to know what matters most to you and give all you have to those things.

I'm working, slowly but surely, on not having to do it all.  Kevin is great at helping me with this.  Things are so much simpler, literally, when we do things simpler.  What I mean is instead of volunteering to bring the cupcakes (homemade of course) to K.C.'s t-ball celebration, we took chips.  Instead of making all the decorations for Kaden's party, we ordered a lot online.  And you know what?  It was good.

You know what else will be good?  The caramel cake I just ordered, at K.C.'s request, for his birthday next week.  (I'm going to add some dinosaur details because, face it, I can't be totally uninvolved in his 5th birthday cake!)  Simplify.