Move It 5K

I'll be back in a blogging routine soon; in the meantime, here's a recap of last weekend's race.

Last weekend, I ran in my first 5K race since June.  The run was part of a festival to benefit children with HIV.  There were only 50 or so people, making it a really small race, but the course was great.

I haven't run regularly the last few weeks and wanted to finish in 22:30.  I surprised myself and finished the race in 21:13, averaging a 6:51 mile!  I finished 6th overall and was the 2nd female finisher.  This race has given me motivation to cut off more time.  I'd like to get down to below 21:00 in my next race which means I need to cut off 13 seconds.  I'd like to run a pace of 6:45 in the next race.

This fall, there are so many good races in our area that I'm looking forward to running!