Join my friend Jen today for Fitness Fridays!
Recipe of the Week: My recipes this week pretty much consisted of take out or eating out. Yeah, I know, that's bad. I had all intentions of cooking more than I did. On Sunday, we had something that I cooked, but I can't remember what. Monday night, I made hamburger steaks, sauteed onions, and sweet potatoes. Tuesday was take out (Greek grilled chicken sandwiches with onion rings [delicious yes, good for us, no] for us and chicken with fries for the boys) before family night at Kaden's school. KT had a work dinner Wednesday and brought me dinner (Chicken Pontalba [cheese grits, chicken, mushrooms, sausage, has browns, delicious] and a Caesar salad). Last night, we grabbed burgers from a local place after soccer. Tonight, we're eating in.
Workout of the Week: This week, I decided to add in some leg workouts. My right hip has felt tight during some of my runs, so I thought it would be a good idea to start adding in some leg exercises. I usually don't do any because I count my runs as my leg exercise. My leg is feeling much better today that it did on Monday. I used two leg machines at the gym on Monday and then again today focusing on this muscle group.
I was also really excited about almost running a 5K in under 21 minutes. My goal is to get down to around 20:30 and I hit 21:04 during my run Monday. My fastest race time has been 21:10, so I think I should be able to hit this goal at the next race given adrenaline.
Weekly Recap: I've done pretty well exercising this week. Below are my workouts beginning last Saturday.
- Saturday: 3.1 miles/22:25 (7:13 pace)
- Sunday: 4 miles/30:35 (7:28 pace)
- Monday: Upper body, abs, legs, glutes at the gym; 3.1 miles/21:04 (6:47 pace)
- Tuesday: 2 miles/14:12 (7:06 pace), 100 twisting sit ups on bench with 10 pounds, 50 flat sit ups on bench with 10 pounds
- Wednesday: Upper body, glutes, and abs at gym; 4 miles/30:38 (7:39 pace)
- Thursday: OFF-REST DAY!
- Friday: upper body, abs, glutes, legs at gym; I plan to run today, too.
Total Miles: 16.2
Total Gym Workouts: 3
Total Ab Workouts: 4