I can't believe that in 25 days, Kevin and I are getting married! You'll have to excuse the wedding themed posts that will be scattered in over the next month. With that said, we still have a lot to do to get ready.
- Finalize Music: You may remember that I said my mom is going to play. To say this thrills me is an understatement. We've picked out most of the marches, but still have to decide on some pieces for the prelude and finalize what Meredith is going to sing. Any suggestions on vocal music during the ceremony? I will admit that I'm somewhat picky about this sort of thing, and with a classically trained mother and grandmother, you can rest assured that the music is going to be gorgeous. I'm really just having a hard time deciding which vocal pieces I want to use.
- Photographer: I'm so excited to meet with our photographer tonight. I'll be having a portrait done before the wedding, and tonight, we're getting all of that determined as well as any specific shots we want during the ceremony/dinner.
- Wedding Bands: We have to shop for these this weekend! I can't wait to see a band on Kevin's finger. I've always thought about how special it will feel to look over and see my husband wearing his ring symbolizing our commitment to each other. I absolutely adore my ring. Kevin did an amazing job with it and I'm loving showing it off. I'm not typically a showy-off type person, but this is fun! I definitely don't want anything to take away from the beauty of my engagement ring though.
- Programs: The text of these are done and it will be easy to complete once we have the music finalized. I work in marketing and have the luxury of being surrounded by designers. A friend of mine graciously designed our invitations and is doing our programs as a gift. The invitation was beautiful and I can't wait to see the elements that she pulls in for the program.
- Flowers: Everything is pretty much set with these, we just have a few final decisions to make.
- Ties and Shoes for the Boys: I can't wait to see my boys (all three of them) on our wedding day! The boys look absolutely handsome in their clothes. We do need to get them some new shoes and ties though. KC. has told us he doesn't want to wear a bow (he's referring to a tie) and Kaden wants to wear a boy bow (a tie). At the end of the day, I want them to feel good, be comfortable and have fun, and if that means K.C. doesn't want to wear his bow, then I'm not making him.
- Caterer: We are having a local Italian restaurant cater for us. They are going to cook/serve in our china and I just need to take it by.
- Favors: I can't talk about it on here because our families read this blog, but there is something I want to give to everyone and there's something K.C. has requested for the wedding that I think will make a perfect favor. I can't wait to share!
- Ceremony: We have to determine exactly how we want the ceremony to go. Nana is going to make dinner for us one night and my granddad will go over everything. We are pretty traditional and want a traditional service. I keep kidding Kevin about writing vows! I do have to say that I love the portions of Blake Lively and Ryan Reynold's wedding vows that have been shared in People. She promised to adore him as he promised to cherish her.