Our Weekend: Fun, Football, Church, and Family

We had a great weekend!

On Friday night, I picked up Chick-fil-a after work (it's our favorite fast food restaurant hands down) and we went to watch my sister's last first home game.  She's the captain of her school's cheerleading squad (I'm just a little proud of her! :) ).  We had a great, albeit hot (I think the cooling rains earlier last week had me excited for fall prematurely), time.  Her school won the game, too, which made it even better.  These two loved watching the game!


On Saturday, KT and his dad went down to the farm and the boys, Kevin's mom, and I went shopping.  I was so proud of K.C. and Kaden.  They did great while we drug them to several stores.  We stopped by Cici's Pizza, which is almost a pizza heaven for the boys, for lunch.  I'm not a huge fan of the pizza there, but I love the dessert pizza.  They have this Bavarian Cream dessert pizza that is so good.  I don't even like the whole pizza, just the topping!

I made some Oreo balls for us to eat during the Clemson game.  They were good!  K.C. and I both like them without icing, so I try to save a few.  If you haven't experienced the deliciousness of Oreo balls, you're missing out!  I don't know where I found this recipe, but it's so easy!

Oreo Balls
Ingredients:
1 Package Cream Cheese (I've used the healthier version before and can't tell a difference), softened
1 Package Oreos
1 Package Vanilla CandiQuik

Directions:
Put oreos in food processor and chop until fine.  Add in softened cubes of cream cheese and blend together.  Make mixture into balls and put in the refrigerator to harden.  (I usually refrigerate mine for 3-4 hours, but have done them in as little as one hour.)  After the Oreo balls have hardened, coat them with CandiQuik and refrigerate again (usually overnight or 2-3 hours if you're making and serving the same day) to let it harden.


These aren't the most beautiful ones I've made, but they taste just as good!

We really enjoyed the Clemson game Saturday!  In all fairness, I didn't pay too much attention to the game as I didn't feel great and was just tired and I ended up falling asleep for part of the game when I laid down with the boys, but it was good and KT was happy!

Sunday was Promotion Sunday at our church.  This is the first year that Kaden has been old enough to go into a regular class and not just stay in the nursery.  The boys did so well and we were so proud of them!  They learned about how the Bible is God's Word and made scrolls in their respective classes.  K.C. even said after church how much he loved his class and wanted to go back.

The boys spent Sunday afternoon playing with the cousin/best friend forever, Michaela, and I finished reading Where We Belong.  It was a great book and I really wish that she'll write a sequel to it!  I haven't decided exactly how I'd like that sequel to go and I promise I won't share my thoughts and spoil it for any of you who are going to read Emily Giffin's latest novel.

Yesterday, Kevin and I labored!  We worked hard and got a lot accomplished.  My mom and I went to get a manicure and pedicure yesterday afternoon and shopped some, too!

We had a great weekend!