It's a Pumpkin on a Stick!


I don't know about y'all, but I love this time of year!  Don't get me wrong, I adore summer and would want it to be hot all the time if I could be at the beach.  Unfortunately, that's only in my dream world.

In anticipation of Halloween, I thought I'd share with you my Pumpkin on a Stick.  I saw one of these somewhere a few years ago, and last year, I had Kevin make one for me.  It's so easy and so cute!

What you'll need:
Carveable Craft Pumpkin (I got mine at Jo Ann's)
Sharp Knife or Pumpkin Carving Kit
Dowel Rod (I used a 3 ft. dowel)
Flower Pot
Decorative Ribbon
Spray Paint
Witch's Hat
Witch's Broom
Light (or lights)
Sand/Cement
Bolts

6 Easy Steps to a Pumpkin on a Stick:
I can't take much credit for assembling the pumpkin on a stick because Kevin and his dad really put the pumpkin on the stick and in the pot for me, but I can tell you how to do it.

Step 1: Paint Your Dowel Rod and Flower Pot
I used black spray paint to paint the dowel rod and our flower pot.  I also used a touch of silver spray paint on the pot.

Step 2: Carve Your Pumpkin
We went with the traditional pumpkin face, but you can do anything.

Step 3: Attach Pumpkin to Dowel Rod (Stick)
Kevin and his dad this part.  They started by making a small cut in the bottom of the pumpkin.  They slid the dowel rod in slightly and bolted it.  They did the same thing on the bottom.

Step 4: Fill Your Flower Pot
Once your pumpkin is fully in place, fill your flower pot with sand or cement to hold the dowel securely in place.

Step 5: Decorate!
This was the fun step for me!  I attached a witch's hat to the pumpkin's head using my glue gun and some straight stick pens.  I then glued some orange grosgrain ribbon with white polka dots around the base of the hat and made a bow.  I picked up a "Best Witches" sign and a purple metallic witch's broom at Jo-Ann's.  We stuck a small nail in the dowel rod to hang the sign on and I leaned the broom up against the dowel rod. I used orange, purple, and black tulle to fill in the top of the flower pot and also tied some at the base of the pumpkin.  I then tied in several other Halloween ribbons I had on hand.

Step 6: Add a Light
We added a light inside.  Kevin made another small incision in the base of the pumpkin for the wire and we pulled in the lights.

Follow me on Pinterest and make sure to pin the Pumpkin on a Stick!