I can't believe that in just one month from today, Kevin and I will be getting married. Yes, you read that right: it's in one month as in October 13, 2012!
I know that seems really fast, and I guess it is, but we have everything planned and under control. Not wanting a huge wedding (and lots of pre-engagement planning) makes the thirty short days until the wedding just right.
We knew we wanted to get married this fall. We actually set a date back in early July. We wanted to keep it a secret until we got engaged, and only shared it with our family. Originally, we planned to get married on the beach. It's a special place to us and was even the place we got engaged, but then we changed our minds.
Here are the details:
- We are getting married in our church.
- My grandfather, a retired minister and someone who means the absolute world to me, is performing the ceremony.
- My mother, who is an incredible musician, is playing the organ. My mom was actually asking someone to play for the wedding and mentioned to me that as long as she could see me walk in, she would like to play. She plays beautifully and I can't imagine something as sweet as having her play. We have picked out some of the music already and I want to try to get everything else decided this weekend.
- Meredith, Kevin's sister and also an incredible musician, is singing. We haven't decided exactly what she's singing, I'm just glad she is. It will be so special to have her do this. One thing I know she's going to sing is "Come Thou Fount." This song makes me think about Kevin and our relationship and how God has given us so many blessings.
- Stephanie, my sister, is going to be maid of honor, and Roy, Kevin's dad, will be his best man. This was a last second decision. Initially, I didn't want to have anyone in the wedding because I wanted it to be simple and about us. I changed my mind and I'm glad I did. It will be so special to have them standing there with us.
- The boys are going to look so handsome (not that they don't always)! They aren't wearing suits, but rather khaki pants with white shirts and navy blazers. I want to find a cute tie that will match Kevin for them, too.
- My co-worker designed our invitations and is designing our program as well. She is so talented!
- After the ceremony, we are having a dinner in Kevin's backyard. We're having an Italian restaurant cater it. We ate Italian on our first date and all love it, so that's what we decided to go with.
- We are using round tables with ivory table clothes and chair covers. We're doing burlap table runners and ties on the chairs. For the table centerpieces, we're using hydrangeas.
- Our cake is going to be delicious! We had a cake tasting a few weeks ago and it was good.
I can't wait to share all the details with you after the wedding, but until then, these will have to do. We have family who reads the blog and I'd like some things to be a surprise!
I know that all of this stuff is fun, but it's not really important. I feel so blessed and fortunate to be marrying Kevin and sharing my life with him and I want this day to be about that. I pray that it radiates our love for each other and shows the goodness of God.
Labels: faith, Kevin, wedding