I'm writing a list today because there are several things I want to say, but there's not enough about one of them to justify a whole post.
- Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the well wishes, sweet comments and e-mails, and excitement regarding our engagement and our love story!
- I can't believe that there's only one month from tomorrow until we get married! Full post on wedding details is coming tomorrow!
- School lunches make me stress and stressed. The boys are each taking their lunch to school. K.C. has the option of eating cafeteria food, but let's face it, who wants to eat that. He has lunch really early, so I can't blame him for not being hungry, but gummies and olives can't really count as lunch especially if you're not hungry at night. Kaden doesn't go to day care, but he does participate in lunch bunch which allows him to eat lunch and play with other kids from his preschool for about an hour and a half after school is over until he's picked up the woman who keeps our boys. He does better eating his lunch, but then again, he is our little eater. I am really just stressed about this. It makes my heart sad to think about K.C. not eating (much of) his lunch. For his lunch today, I sent two dinosaur sandwiches (maybe they'll be more appealing), some orange slices, a small bag of pretzels, and a juice box. I hope that he's eaten it!
- Speaking of food, I have been so hungry lately. I've been adding extra miles to my runs and adding in an extra day of running each week All these extra burned calories are translating into one hungry Anna.
- Do you ever feel like you get obsessed with something? I think I have a tendency to get a little obsessed with running and fitting in exercise. I normally give myself two days off from any exercise, but I find that I'm not as productive, don't feel as energized (trust me, I'm really, really energetic all the time), and just don't feel accomplished when I take days off, especially when those days don't involve running. I feel like I'm a better person for my family and myself when I do some form of exercise with that preferred form being a run. I've also noticed that I like exercising better in the morning. When I do that, it allows me to not feel stressed about fitting it in after work and interfering with other things we have planned. It does make me rush in the mornings, but all in all, I think it's worth it.
- Kevin started softball practice last night. He loves playing softball and hasn't played in a league in over a year. He organizes our church's men and co-ed teams, but unfortunately, due to some arson at the field we use, this past season was cancelled. He decided to put a team in a city league with some guys from church. I'm so glad he did that because I know how important it is to have time to do something you love and be able to socialize with other guys. I think it's hard for both of us to step outside and do things like this, especially when we have our sweet boys (every other week and all Wednesdays) because we don't like missing time with them, and quite truthfully, we really enjoy being together and doing things together.
- I am so thankful for my new job. I feel so fortunate to be working with such a great group of individuals within a strong institution. This new job has also given me a new habit: coffee every afternoon!