Our Wedding Day




We're back from our honeymoon and settled in as a sweet family of four!  I can't wait to share all the details of our wedding with you!  I do want to wait on some of the posts until we get the photos back from our photographer, but I can't resist sharing a few details and iPhone pictures.

October 13, 2012 was one of the best days of my life.  I don't think we could've had a more perfect ceremony, dinner, and day.  It was perfect!  And it was so us.

For the most part, our day was relaxed.  We had a very small, intimate wedding with only 19 people including the two of us, so we did most everything ourselves.  I'm so glad we did, too.  Doing it this way meant that we were busy getting ready all week, especially the night before with my mom, Kevin's parents and his sister helping out.  My mom, best friend, sister, and I also spent most of Saturday morning doing the final touches for the dinner.

On Saturday morning, I woke up feeling bad, but I was determined to shake whatever cold decided to show up that day.  I went for a run, took a hot shower, and ate some breakfast my mom made me, then it was off to Kevin's (our house now!) to do some last minute things, have my makeup done, and get ready for lunch with all the girls.

Meanwhile, Kevin was coaching soccer.  Neither of the boys played that day as K.C. had been really sick the day before and stayed home from school with a fever.  Thankfully, Tylenol, Motrin, juice, prayers, and falling asleep about 7 PM had him feeling great Saturday morning.  I was so happy when my mom told me that morning that she had talked to Kevin and he was jumping around feeling great!  

After we got everything ready, we loaded up Jaye's car and went to Redbone for lunch.  Jaye decided to throw together an informal lunch for me and included my mom and sister, Kevin's mom and sister, and two of our nieces.  It was so nice just being able to talk and laugh (and cry!  My mom's note was one of the sweetest things I've ever read!) with so many of the people I love.  After lunch, it was on to the church to get ready.

It was so weird not talking to Kevin until the wedding.  We decided not to see each other until I started down the aisle with my dad, but it sure did make me feel good to hear his voice and hold his hand as we took a picture together without seeing each other before the ceremony!  I also loved reading the note he wrote to me.  I'm carrying it around in my wallet.  :)  I love being his wife!
 Here I am peeking out the window watching Kevin and the boys read their notes from me.


Kaden checking himself out in the mirror after my dad tied his tie.  He was so excited about wearing a tie like Kevin!


My handsome husband!






My sister and our sweet boys!

Bliss!

More to come...

Labels: