Are you singing the song now?
I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things with you during this holiday season. These are all things I own, so I can speak first-hand about how much I love them. I wasn't paid or compensated in any way to write this post. Without further adieu, here are my favorite things (besides my sweet husband, darling boys, and family of course!):
1. Brooks PureCadence - I've been running in Brooks for about two years and tried their PureProject shoes last spring. I love them! I hope Santa brings me a new pair for Christmas.
2. Tracy Negoshian Dresses - TN dresses are hands-down my favorite thing to wear. They don't wrinkle, you can wear most of them year round by adding tights, boots, and a cardigan. I seriously have like 15 of them. I wear them to work, date night with my husband, and even to church. If you look real closely in our wedding pictures, I even wore one when we left for our honeymoon. This is a dress you can't beat.
3. Bare Minerals Prime Time - I haven't always worn primer, but since I tried this one, I can't live without it. It helps my makeup look great and stay on even through pre-work workouts and afternoon runs.
4. Photo Books - My husband will tell you that "love" isn't a strong enough word for my obsession with photo books. I love them! Depending on what I'm making, I either use Blurb (family year books, wedding album) or Shutterfly (smaller books, our guest book, and a honeymoon album have been recent projects). My mom always scrapbooked, which I love, but I don't have the time to do it. These photo books are a great way to preserve our memories for decades to come.
5. Erin Condren Life Planner - I can't live without my paper calendar. I do use my Outlook calendar at work and sync it with the calendar on my iPhone, but there's something to still be said about a paper calendar. I love that with the EC Life Planner, I can keep track of everything by month and week and I always have a place to write my to do's and goals (if you stick around here long enough you'll know I love my goals and keeping track of things). It helps me keep track of not only what I have going on at work, but our family's events, the boys' school work and activities, my workouts, and even some of KT's things. If you're looking for a good quality planner, this one is worth it.
6. J.Crew Artist T's - It's no secret that I love J.Crew. If I could fill my closet with clothes from any stores I want, I'd chose J.Crew and Tracy Negoshian. J.Crew's Artist T's fit great and are so comfy. I wear mine around the house and throw on a bubble necklace, cute jacket, and shoes when I leave.
7. OPI Nail Polish - I love OPI Polish. I've tried some of the other brands (I won't bash) that are comparable and are gaining market share in the nail polish world, but I just don't like them as much as OPI. I don't get manicures and pedicures regularly (Running has a way of messing your feet up, so I prefer to just keep my fingers and toes nicely manicured and polished at home and save the pedicures for fun girl time or before a special event.). Before we got married, I went to a local spa for a manicure and pedicure and chose OPI's Strawberry Margarita for my toes. It's now officially my favorite polish color.
8. Garmin Forerunner 110 - I can't hardly run without this watch. It was a Valentine's Day gift from KT last year and I'm in love with it (and him!). I have yet - almost a year later - to plug it into my computer to see my actual runs, but I do track the miles and time in my Erin Condren planner and my Excel spreadsheet. I love being able to glance down and see my pace, total time, and distance. While my watch came with a heart rate monitor, I haven't used it.
9. J.Crew Pencil Skirts - I've professed my love for J.Crew and pencil skirts are not an exception. I have to dress up everyday and having items like J.Crew pencil skirts and TN dresses in my closet make deciding what to wear to work an easy decision. My personal preferences for these skirts are either bold and bright or patterned. I wear them with solid tops and throw on a statement necklace to complete my look.
10. Kitchen Aid Mixer - I don't know how I baked before the Kitchen Aid. I love my mixer (I have the stainless version), and while it doesn't get used too often, I'm glad I have it. It makes throwing together treats easy. The boys also like to help me cook when I use it and like to watch everything blend together. If you're looking for a good Christmas wish list item, like to cook, and don't own one of these, I'd suggest you add it to your list.
11. The Jesus Storybook Bible - This is the most beautiful Bible I've ever seen. At a ladies dinner at our church a few weeks ago, our speaker read the introduction from this Bible and I immediately wrote down it's name because it was just so beautiful and I knew I wanted to get one for the boys. I ordered it off of Amazon last week and saw it in person at Barnes and Noble this weekend. I just know that the boys will love it. It has beautiful pictures and easy to read stories. I think it's perfect for our sweet K.C. Kaden is getting his very own Bible for Christmas, too!
What are your favorite things?
Follow me on Pinterest (annaep86) and look for my board, "Favorite Things" for all of these and more!
Labels: favorite things