Weekend in Review: Parties, Movies and My First Race of 2013

Happy Monday!

We started our freezing weekend of with some birthday shopping for my sister and Kaden's best friend.  While we were out, we scored a great mirror for our bedroom.  I've been on the look out for a round mirror in a semi-distressed, thick frame and was excited when we found one Friday night - half off.  We stopped by Groucho's for a sandwich on our way home and just had the best time.

We were up early Saturday morning for my first race of 2013.  It was a trail race with a big hill about 2.3 miles in.  It was so cold (low 30's) and I hadn't run all week, so I wasn't expecting the fastest time, but I woke up feeling great and full of energy.  It turned out to be a great race.  I felt good during the whole thing and even though I was slower, I ended up as the 1st Female Overall.

Let me tell you, though, the hill everyone told me about was no joke!  We don't really have hills, so I'm not used to running them, and when I saw this one coming, I felt like I was in the mountains!


 



My win also made it onto the front page of one of the section's of our paper yesterday morning.  That was cool!

After the race, we ran home to get ready for a day of parties.  My sister turned 18 and one of Kaden's school friend's turned 4.  We took my sister out for a quick lunch at a local Mexican restaurant and then Kaden and I headed to his first friend party. 



Kaden's friend had a Cowboy Party complete with pony rides, a gold dig, fire pit and a teepee.  We had a great time!

Saturday night, we went out to dinner with my family and about 30 of my sister's friends to celebrate her birthday.  After dinner, everyone came back to our house for cake and ice cream.

I can't believe she's 18!  I can remember the day she was born like it was yesterday.  As I put on Facebook, 18 years ago was the day my life got infinitely sweeter because it was the day my precious little sister was born.  I'm so proud of the young woman she's becoming!



Sunday was a fun day, too.  After church, KT and I went to see Zero Dark Thirty.  If you haven't seen it yet, I'd suggest doing so.  It was really a good movie.  There were definitely things in it I didn't enjoy seeing, but overall, the movie was good.

What did you do to have a great weekend?

I'm also linking up with Carissa at lowercase letters.

Labels: , ,