Random Wednesday {February 27, 2013}

It's my favorite time of the week: Random Wednesday with Shanna!

Our electricity went out for several hours due to a small tornado last night.  That's twice we've been without lights in the past two weeks.  Weird.  The boys didn't seem to mind too much when we had all the candles going and I think they really enjoyed their bath by candlelight.

I now know how to find these awesome gifs and I am addicted!  Thanks to Kayla, I can see that my time online is going to be consumed with watching these!





I officially want to go where Bella and Edward went on their honeymoon. How about it, KT?

I'm ready for it to stop raining because I want to watch the boys play soccer and I want to stop running on the dreadmill. 

I've been feeling quite domestic lately.  Monday night, I made a chicken pot pie for the first time ever.  We ate it last night and it was good!  I'm always excited when I cook new things and the boys actually love them.  I'm still trying to cut out as many processed foods as I can because I know it's healthier for our family.  Doing this is requiring me to plan even more in advance.  I made chocolate chip cookies for the boys' lunches as opposed to the mini Chips Ahoy I usually send and made my own croutons for salads.  Every little bit counts, right?

Sometimes I wish I blogged totally anonymously so I could say what I really think about things.  There are just some things that are acceptable and others that aren't.

I know this is late, but I'm really excited about this year's Pantone Color of the Year!  I love this color and can't wait to add pops of it to my wardrobe!

{via Pantone}

I'm ready for my next few races.  There are four awesome races held here in the next few weeks and my fingers are crossed that I'll get to race them all.  I'm particularly excited about two of them.

I need to get a move on it and order my bridal portrait.  I think we've decided to go with this one:

I know it's not traditional, but it's very me.  I also want to order a smaller canvas of another one, maybe this one

or this one


Speaking of photos, I have a few I need to print that I want to use in our house.  I also think I want to do some type of collage over the chest of drawers in our bedroom, but haven't decided what yet.  Do you have any ideas or have any pins to share?

I'm really enjoying reading lately.  I'm currently reading three books {and I'm not normally one of those that can read more than one book at a time}.  I'm reading:

Captivating // The Power of a Praying Wife {a gift in last month's Cara Box} // Danger in High Heels

Have you read anything good recently?



Labels: