Easter Weekend

We had a great Easter weekend! I hope you did, too! I'm so glad that we serve a Risen Savior!

Kaden's school has an Easter parade each year. I may be slightly biased (ok, totally), but I think we have the cutest Easter bunny! The kids walked in waving palm branches and then sang a few Easter songs. When we got in the car, I told Kaden how proud of him we were and how much I really liked the song they sang talking about rolling away the rock (and the cute motions). The first thing he said was, "Did I do good waving my palm branch?" He did great.


 

Before we move on to our Easter weekend, I have to share these with you. I saw some "Goldfish carrots" on Pinterest and decided to make a variation of them for the boys to share with their classmates. Instead of using Goldfish, I used cheese puffs and they turned out great!




We started our Easter celebrations early. On Saturday, we went to my parents and just hung out all day. The boys love going there and just playing outside. My dad has a mule (Kawasaki, not a real mule) and my grandma has a golf cart and they love riding on them.


Kevin and K.C. arrowhead hunting. They both love to find treasures.

I don't know what Kaden was more excited about - the chocolate milkshake Grandma made him or his Easter basket from her.

My mom loves dying Easter eggs, so we decided to dye ours at my parents. We did the regular egg dye as well as some volcano dye the boys picked out. Let me warn you: volcano dye is not as it appears. Inside the box were six or seven crayons that had to be shaved. The shavings were then put on hot eggs (and my mom and I had each boiled a dozen and a half eggs that were already cooled, so we boiled some more) to create a volcano explosion look. My husband is the best crayon shaver if you ever need one!




After egg dying, we had an Easter egg hunt. I really wish we had recorded some of this because it was so much fun! The boys were too cute!





After our egg hunt, BeBe (the boys' name for my mom) made Resurrection Rolls with the boys. If you haven't done this before, you should. Not only does it allow you to share a great message, it's fun for the kids to do and they taste delicious! K.C. and Kaden were so funny as they were helping make Jesus (the marshmallow covered with butter, cinnamon and sugar). When the rolls were done, Kaden exclaimed, "Jesus melted! We melted Jesus."




My dad took the boys out with him to ride on the mule and took them for a treat. They were excited about their candy and K.C. was especially excited about his orange drink!


After dinner (which was delicious), the boys opened their other Easter baskets.




 When we got up Sunday morning, the Easter Bunny had visited our house.




Before church, we tried to take a few family pictures.






I'm so thankful for my Savior who loved me enough to die on the cross for my sins. We serve an awesome God!

And just for fun, a few of the outtakes:



Linking up with Sami and Carissa.

Labels: , , ,