Fitness Friday and a Race Recap


Last weekend, I ran my fourth race of the year. It was a trail race and for a good cause. I love the course (I ran a 10K in this same race last year) and really enjoyed running the 5K this year. 

I wasn't really feeling like racing last Saturday morning (it could've had something to do with that sweet boy's birthday party we had later on Saturday), but went ahead to the race intending to have fun. This race had great prizes last year (I was third in the 10K) and I was really counting on an hour massage being the first place prize again. You better believe I thought about it a few times during the run!

I finished in 21:18. I was very happy with my run, especially considering that my legs weren't feeling great and it was a trail race with a few hills and some muddy patches. I was the first female and seventh overall. I ended up with an engraved medal (the boys like those), an hour massage, and two gift cards - one to Dick's Sporting Goods and the other to a salon. I was happy!



Outside of the race, I've had a good week of not only running, but working out. I've gone to the gym three times this week and run every day. In fact, I've run daily for the past 19 days.

Workouts
Friday
.5 miles/3:35

Saturday
3.1 Miles/21:18 (6:52 pace) - Race - 1st Place Female

Sunday
2 miles/14:50 (7:25 pace)

Monday
5.68 miles/40:00 (7:02 pace)
Upper Body, Abs, Glutes

Tuesday
1 mile/7:40

Wednesday
4.1 miles/29:48 (7:16 pace)
Upper Body, Abs, Glutes

Thursday
1 mile/7:40

Total Miles: 17.38
April Miles: 48.63

Labels: , ,