He Is Good.

Lately, I've been reminded in so many ways how God takes care of not only the big things, but the little things as well. I've had so many reminders of how God hears and answers my prayers - the big ones and the little ones.

God has provided for us big, once again.

You may remember that I shared in January that my husband lost his job. For the past few months, he's been searching and he recently accepted an offer with a new company. We are just so thankful for God's goodness and provision for our family. And I'm so thankful that my husband will be doing something he'll enjoy.



I'm not ordinarily a person who stresses, but the past few months, I've found myself feeling stressed. I don't like uncertainty and I don't like the unknown (but really, who does?). I like to plan and I like for things to go according to my plan. Fortunately, that isn't always the case.

I've grown a lot lately. I've depended on God in a different way that I ever have before. I've trusted in His timing and His direction and He's shown me, yet again, how faithful He is.

I don't think it matters how prepared you are, losing a job is a big deal. Thankfully, we were in a good position where we didn't have to worry about things during this period, but it's still a big deal. I worried about my husband's confidence and morale. I worried about him finding another job similar to what he had where we live. I even worried about him being overqualified for many of the jobs that were available. I worried about so many things. Even through my worry, I knew He would provide. Afterall, that's what He's always done.



But now, looking back, I can see how awesome His timing is. These past few months "off" have given Kevin the opportunity to pick Kaden up from school everyday and spend time with him at lunch. They've given him extra afternoon time with the boys that we don't ordinarily have when we work. They gave him the flexibility that was so great to have as his mom went through two surgeries. They've given him a chance to do some things at home that he hasn't had time to do. They've also given him the opportunity to have dinner ready when I get home! (I know, I'm really just being funny, but it's been great to have dinner cooked or out ready to cook many times when I get home. I won't even talk about all the laundry washed, folded and put away. I am a lucky woman!)

via


Today, I'm so thankful for God's provision of a new job.

verses

Labels: