Our Weekend in Ten Bullets

1. We had a great weekend! I know I always say that, but it's true. We had a really good weekend.

2. I look like a lobster. Kevin had a football game yesterday (and scored two touchdowns!) and I decided I'd wear a tank with my shorts to get some sun. We were only out for about an hour and a half, but I look like I was out all day! It's already faded in some, so I'll be nice and tan by tomorrow (hopefully)!

3. Kaden will be four tomorrow. FOUR! I can't begin to think about this.

4. I decided to organize/rearrange some clothes yesterday. We had most of the boys' clothes in our dresser (ease of getting them ready in the morning), but with the warmer weather, I decided to move most of theirs upstairs to their room when I was getting out my spring and summer clothes. It shouldn't make too much of a difference as we try to get out their clothes for the week on Sunday, but I got so sad when I was going through some of their spring clothes from last year like the 24 month items Kaden could still wear as well as all of his 2T clothes. We're boxing them up in the attic, but it was seriously sad. They're growing up too fast!

5. We picked up everything for Kaden's birthday party Saturday. The treat bags are made, presents are wrapped and plans are well underway. We're hoping for a beautiful Saturday so that we can keep the party in the backyard. I can't wait to share it with you next week!

6. I ran 7 miles Saturday morning while Kevin did yard work. I can officially run a 10K below the time needed to run as a competitive runner in the Cooper River Bridge Run. My goal is to do that in my next 10K race (you have to prove your time via a race) and then "get over it" next year.

7. Our Sunday school teacher is going to be using this book called Interview With the Devil the next few months. I downloaded it yesterday and it seems like it's going to be really good.

8. All of my boys start ball back this week. Kevin starts church league softball and the boys start t-ball and baseball at the Y.

9. When I got home Friday night, I had a nice package waiting for me from Bellevue Collection. I can't wait to share with you what I received from them as well as give away $50 to their store!

10. Kevin and I did something that we haven't ever done before on Saturday morning. We woke up and stayed in bed late (rare). I made breakfast (orange danish rolls and scrambled eggs - the breakfast of champions) and we read. We're reading this great book, Churning Waters, and neither of us could put it down. It was almost 10 am before we got up.

p.s. I'm doing a giveaway this afternoon for reusable snack bag.

p.s.s. Please continue to pray for Kevin's mom. Her second surgery went really well last Thursday. She has some appointments this week, so please continue to pray for her. 

Linking up with Sami and Carissa.

Labels: