To Boston


Like most of you, I can't find the words to describe how I feel about what happened in Boston yesterday. While I'm not a marathoner, this hit home for me because I am a runner and I am an American. I can't imagine how much evil someone has to have in them to commit a horrific act such as this. 

I can't imagine how the runners felt - those finished, those near the explosions and those forced to stop miles from the finish line. 

I can't imagine how those in the stands and along the street felt as they stood there to watch their loved ones cross over the finish line felt.

I just can't imagine. And I can't put it into words.

No, I'm not a marathoner, but I am a runner. I know the amount of time and energy I spend each week running. I know the excitement and exhilaration I feel as I cross the finish line whether it be in a 5K or a 10K. I know how much I love to run. 

While I couldn't wear a race shirt today, I am wearing my blue and yellow in honor of Boston. I am wearing a shirt for Boston in my race this Saturday. And I am praying for Boston - the runners, the spectators, the city. And I'm praying for all of us.

2 Chronicles 7:14
Psalm 9:10