Strawberry Picking, Gift Card Jackpot, Redecorating and Some Other Random Thoughts

I'm glad today is Wednesday because that means it's time for another Random Wednesday with Shanna AND I only have one more work day this week!

1. I went with K.C. on a field trip to pick strawberries yesterday. We had a blast! It was so nice meeting his little school friends (he even introduced me to one of them like we'd introduce ourselves) and seeing him in that element. His teachers both bragged on him, too. Of course we know he's special and think he's an awesome child/student, but it makes you swell with gratefulness to hear those same things from two educators who's spent the last 169 days with him.


2. Kevin's church league softball team won their first tournament game last night. My husband is ultra competitive and very athletic and loves playing ball. I'm glad he does. I was proud of them for winning. They had a tough opponent and I somehow missed the fact that they batted second, so I thought they had lost. Super excited for him that they won and that he played so well!

3. I found this little beauty at the beach last week. I love running anyway, but I particularly love running down the beach. After a semi-scary incident involving an early morning run for me, a beat up old truck that passed me no less than 5 times in about a half mile area which freaked me out and a really nice couple who let me walk with them when I saw said truck for fifth time (and kindly took me back to my condo), this girl was not feeling like a run along the road alone. So I did what any reasonable person would do, I ran along the beach when we all went outside. I had a gorgeous view and loved that I found this little conch.


4. I had a rough day yesterday. In more ways than one. I'm unbelievably stressed. 

5. There's not much better than a sleeping baby especially when said baby loves cuddling!


6. I hit the gift card jackpot. I recently found all of these gift cards that I've accumulated over the years (yes, years). One of them happened to be from Cache. On the way home from the beach, we stopped by the mall and I picked up some mint skinny jeans, a cute shrug that matched and a dressy green top that K.C. said I could wear on a date. I wish I had taken a picture when I wore the jeans because they were seriously cute. I also picked up a new bathing suit (I LOVE the new ruffle bottoms from Victoria's Secret) and some running clothes. It was a good shopping day. And that's coming from someone who hasn't shopped for herself like that lately.

7. I'm looking forward to a lunch date with my sister-in-law today! Girl time is always good, even if it's just for lunch. I love my SIL and we love our Tracy dresses!


8. My sister graduates in 9 days. Nine days. I am not believing this. I've tried to stay oblivious to this little fact. I have four programs to attend for her in the next week with the last one being graduation. I really can't believe that this sweet, curly haired little girl who used to call herself "Baby Ah-Ah" (I was "Ah-Ah" because she couldn't say Anna) is old enough to drive much less graduate. And this fall, she'll be moving to Columbia to become a Gamecock.


9. I'm in the paper tomorrow. I was asked to do a "Me and the Arts" section in our paper. I choose "I Like Books" as my topic. Writing it all has me wanting to reread some of my favorites. What are your favorite books and favorite books to read on the beach?

10. I think I've finally decided where I want to start decorating. I have a few summer projects up my sleeve and I can't wait to do them. I'll share a list as well as some inspiration boards on each as I get started, starting with the dining room next week! I'm not a DIY crafty person, but I am pretty good at painting, decorating and pulling things together. I haven't had a chance to do it at our house and I'm excited to have some "extra" time to do it!

11. My husband starts back to work on Monday. I'm so thankful that he was able to find a job quickly and one that he's excited about. I'm also thankful that he's had the opportunity to have some time off and spend some extra time with the boys. It's been nice for all of us. I can't tell you the last time I did laundry - he's been so good at taking care of almost everything. I'm a lucky one!

Labels: