You Asked, I've Answered: Part 1 {Beauty Secrets}

I had fun reading your questions and now I'm excited to start answering them!

One of the questions I received was about my beauty secrets. While I don't really have any secrets, I'll share with you what I use daily as well as some other favorite products.

I want to fully disclose the following though: I don't take care of my skin as good as I should. I know, it's bad, but it's the truth. I really need to start taking better care of my skin. I sleep in my makeup about half of the week and I run and workout in it more than most of the time. It's bad and I know it. I really want and need to start doing better. Thankfully, if my mom and grandma's skin are any indication of how my skin will look as I age, I'm lucky, but I still need to do what I can to prevent damage. I don't want to be 30 with wrinkles and bad skin.

I use the four products below daily. I used to use the full Clinique 3-Step, but I only use steps 2 and 3 now. The Target (Up & Up) brand of eye makeup remover works better than the ones I used to use by Clinique and Estee Lauder, plus it's about a fourth of the cost. I don't remember when I started using Clean & Clear Morning Burst, but I love it. I really like the exfoliating beads inside.

I can't live without Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I love most of all Clinique's skin care. I use All About Eyes (not pictured) each night. I also love Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. This product is great, especially in the summer if I get too much sun. Superdefense and Youth Surge moisturizers are two of my favorites as well.






Up & Up Eye Makeup Remover
CLean & Clear Morning Burst
Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel


As far as my everyday makeup goes, I use the items pictured below. My mom has always worn Clinique, so when I started wearing makeup, that's naturally what I started wearing. I wore it and only it until three or four years ago when I branched out. I've tried Estee Lauder, Merle Norman, Bare Minerals, Mary Kay and Urban Decay. Mary Kay is by far my least favorite makeup (and I'm sorry if you sell it). It makes my skin feel weird. I switched backed to mostly Clinique a few months ago and I'm glad I did.



ULTA Double Duty Concealer
Clinique Perfectly Real Foundation
ULTA Fabulous Face Pressed Powder
Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Precious Posy
ULTA Extreme Wear Cream Eye Shadow - Rising Star
Clinique Colour Surge Eyeshadow Trio - Totally Neutral
Victoria's Secret Shimmer Eyeshadow Trio - Uninhibited (I haven't been able to find this one online)
Clinique Quickliner for Eyes - Black/Brown
Clinique High Impact Mascara

Even though I list the above as my "everyday" makeup, I use these same products for special occasions. At those times, I just make my eye shadow darker. 

Other Eye Shadows I Like:
Clinique Color Surge Eyeshadow Duo
Strawberry Fudge
Like Mink
Double Date

Other Products I Like:
Victoria's Secret Luminous Mineral Blush Duo
Victoria's Secret Shimmer Eyeshadow Trio - Uninhibited
Urban Decay Naked

There you have it: my beauty secrets! Not to sound cliche, but I believe true beauty comes from within. When we carry joy in our hearts, makeup less or not, we're beautiful!

via

Labels: ,