Father's Day a Few Days Late

I can't let this past Father's Day go by without writing a few words. I didn't open my laptop last weekend which is why I didn't have a post dedicated to my husband and father, but I simply can't write anything else until I say some words about them.




To my daddy,

Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for instilling in me a love of life as well as confidence in myself. Thank you for always listening to me, talking to me and simply being there for me. My love and respect for you knows no bounds.

Most of my childhood memories revolve around the fun times we had. I remember you pitching softballs to me nearly everyday and that one time I sent a ball flying through the kitchen window. I remember the long bike rides on hot summer nights with that scary dog chasing us. I remember riding around with you on the four-wheeler singing "The Wackiest Witch" every Halloween.

Those times we went fishing with the GA's for Father's Day, the big cook out you and Mama always hosted each fall, the buttery bread you'd always let me fix on the grill as you grilled us steaks for lunch almost every Sunday after church are etched in my memory as well. I remember sitting beside you in church and not always being still, hearing you cheer on your little slugger in rec softball and the drives to and from ice skating. I think about the times on the boat at the beach, jumping waves and boogie boarding in side by side. I remember the stories you told, the laughs we all have and the many memories we've made.

I think walking down the aisle with you by my side as I walked to the love of my life. I think about seeing you and him talking and having fun together. And I see you, with our two sweet boys who adore their Hot Rod so much and my heart just overflows.

Happy Father's Day, Daddy! I love you!

Anna





To my husband,

There aren't words adequate enough to describe what an amazing father you are (husband, too). The love and devotion you have for our sweet boys shines through in everything you do. You are the kind of man I always wanted my children to have for their father and I'm so thankful they have you.

The way you play with them, read to them, pray with them and love on them is the sweetest thing. You are their hero (and mine, too). You are everything a father should be and so much more. You invest into their lives, show them how valuable they are and always tell them how much they're loved. You're giving them confidence and teaching them independence, showing them the importance of faith and family. Your actions and words show them how to be an amazing father and husband.

Your dedication to our family is appreciated more than you know. We don't ever have to question how you feel about us. You put our family first and it shows. It shows in the love, the hugs, the laughter and fun. It shows in the smiling faces, the glistening eyes and the "I love yous." It shows in the two tiny people who've been entrusted to our care.

Watching you with our boys is one of my favorite things to do (besides joining in on the fun of course). I fall more and more in love with you just seeing you with them. I'm thankful for the blessing of sharing life with you and raising a family together. You are more than I could have ever imagined.

Happy Father's Day! I love you!

Anna


And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the other amazing fathers in my life: I'm blessed to have a grandfather that I adore and who has had a tremendous impact on my life and to have an amazing father in Kevin's dad. I'm truly blessed to be surrounded by this awesome men and though he isn't here with us anymore, I'm thankful for my other granddad who taught me so much.

Labels: