Tuesdays are better with water balloon fights and some other midweek randoms

I had the best time with my husband this past weekend. We went out to dinner Friday and Saturday and saw The Internship Saturday afternoon. It was great (both our dates and the movie). 

Tuesday nights are way more fun with water balloon fights. The boys love water balloons and last night, after we went for a walk and they were already soaked from jumping in puddles, Kevin filled up water balloons for them. By the end of the night, we were all soaked!

The lasagna I made for Father's Day dinner only had 10 cups of cheese in it. Ten. And that's not counting the ricotta.

I read one whole book last week and finished another yesterday. I love to read, but I don't have as much time as I'd like to do it. I read Dorothea Benton Frank's Porch Lights last week and finished Churning Waters yesterday. They were both fantastic! I'm dying to start Frank's The Last Original Wife today.

Speaking of books, how cool is it that my SIL wrote a book? And it was one of the best books I've read (and I promise I'm not saying that because I love her). I can't wait for you all to have a chance to read it!

I'm excited to paint our kitchen. Well, maybe excited is too strong a word, but nevertheless, I'm looking forward to getting that project behind me. I painted our dining room a few weeks ago (reveal coming soon) and the kitchen is next on the list. I want to go ahead and paint it so I can cross it off of my mental to-do list. I know it'll be more challenging than the dining room though with its high ceilings over the breakfast nook and space between the cabinets and ceiling, but it's going to look so good.

I can't cook chicken. And I'm telling you this because I'm hoping you'll all come to the rescue and tell me how to cook it so it's tender and moist. I took some chicken breasts out of the freezer (this could be the problem) to thaw this morning and plan to cook some tonight along with some squash from my FIL's garden.


Labels: