5 Years from Now

Where do I see myself in five years? Would you laugh if I said enjoying my family on the beach? No, really, I'd love to be on the beach with my handsome husband and adorable kids on July 1st, 2018!

In 2018, what will my life be like? 2018. Wow.


I'll be 32. We will have been married almost six years and together exactly eight (today marks two years - more on that in a post later this afternoon, so check back!) The kids will be 9 and almost 11. I think I just shed a tear and my heart skipped a few beats when I wrote that. It amazes me how fast they grow.

In five years, I hope to be a better version of myself. I hope to be more confident in my skin. I don't think we ever stop learning or growing. There are areas I know I need to work on and in five years, I hope I'll be better in those places (and I guarantee you that there will be still other areas I'll want to improve in five years from today).

In five years, I want to be a better wife. You all know that I adore my husband and that my love for him seems to grow stronger every day. But in five years? I want to be an even better wife. There's always room for improvement and I hope that in five years, I'll know even more how to show my husband he's loved.



In five years, I want to be a better mother. Being a mother, I've learned, is the most rewarding and most challenging thing I've ever done. Hands down. It's amazing to me how much these two little people have changed my life and how much I love them. As much as I want to teach them, they're teaching me so many new things each day.


In five years, I hope we're chasing around another little one (or two). I love children and always dreamed of a big family. I know that I definitely want at least one more, maybe two. Right now, I'm happy to soak up every moment I have with my husband and our two boys as a family of four. One day though, we'll add to our family another person to love and the thought of that makes my heart skip a beat.

In five years, I hope to be a stronger Christian. I hope that I will finally be able to say I've read the Bible through - something I've been saying I want to do for at least the past five years. I hope that my life will always radiate Christ's love.

In five years, I want to be running stronger and faster and have better abs. I hope I will have crossed a half marathon off of my race list and I hope I'll consistently be running sub-20 minute 5K's. And the ab part? Well, that may be vain in the sense that I want to have a great looking mid-section. But really, I shouldn't feel vain about that because better abs mean better fitness and taking care of my body is really important to me.



In five years, I hope I can cook chicken. I have the hardest time cooking chicken that stays moist, juicy and tender. I can cook it, but it's not always that good.

In five years, I hope to have gone a few places. I want to take the boys to Disney World and Sea World and I hope that Kevin and I will take a trip or long weekend each year for just the two of us.

In five years, I hope to lose some of the mommy-wife guilt. I always feel so guilty when I do something for myself if I'm not with my husband and kids, but I also know that it's important for everyone to have a few minutes to themselves to do something. I'm not the best at having me time that doesn't include running. It doesn't bother me at all that running is my me time, I just wish I could shake some of the guilt.

In five years, I hope I've advanced in my career. I love what I do and feel so unbelievably blessed that I get to go to the job I have each day. It's where I've always wanted to be. In five years though, I hope I've advanced some.

In five years, I hope I'm better at relaxing. I've gotten a lot better at this in the past month (it was one of my goals this year). In five years, I hope I'm way better at just letting loose and relaxing.

In five years, all I really care about is that my family is happy, healthy and full. Because really, that's all that matters. I care about the happiness and well-being of these three people more than anything else in the world. Knowing they feel loved, cared for and are bursting with happiness is what matters most to me.



Labels: