Kevin and I have been married for ten months today! I can hardly believe it! On one hand, it seems as if we were just planning everything and on the other, I feel like we've been together forever. I can't really remember my life before him.
In honor of these ten months, I thought I'd share ten things I've learned and love about the last ten months.
1. Waking up beside my best friend every day. I love that Kevin is the last person I see at night and the first person I see in the morning.
2. Getting to use the word "husband" and my new last name. There's just something special about saying "my husband" that doesn't get old. I also love writing my new last name. There hasn't been a single time I've written or introduced myself using my former last name since we were married, and no, I didn't practice writing it before we said I do!
3. It doesn't matter how much steam/starch I use, my husband will more than likely re-iron his shirts. And I'm ok with that. I'm glad he likes freshly pressed clothes.
4. Having someone like Kevin as my husband (see, I used it there!) makes my life so much fuller. He makes me laugh every day and smile more than I've ever smiled (and if you know me, you know I smile all the time).
5. Having someone like Kevin as my husband means we have a very competitive home. I like to win, he likes to win which means games - whether Checkers, Connect Four or ping pong - get interesting.
6. The little moments are more special when you're husband and wife. The little things, though they really don't mean anything more than they did before we were married, seem more special to me now that we're sharing them as a married couple.
7. To my husband, a walk on the beach is not this romantic occasion where you walk hand in hand at sunset talking about the future, whispering sweet nothings to each other and stealing kisses. A walk on the beach with Kevin means walking in the edge of the water looking for treasures. Sure, there are kisses, hands held and sweet talk, but the main objective of beach walks is to find treasure in the form of shells and conchs. And you know what? That's quite alright with me.
8. It doesn't matter if I'm sleepy or not, if I get snuggled up beside my husband, I'm gone. There's something so sweet and warm and cuddly and nice about falling asleep curled up beside KT, even if it is 9 p.m. on a Friday.
9. My husband is my biggest fan, supporter, source of advice, laughter and fun and love. He's always there thanking me, helping me, loving me and encouraging me (his goals for my running are loftier than mine!).
10. I'm the most blessed girl in the world to have the husband I have. I know everyone thinks they have the best husband and I'm no exception. I'm thankful God brought Kevin and me together. I'm thankful for our love, our family and our marriage. I can't imagine my life without him in it and I'm thankful I get to share my life with him every day.