Motherhood Goals

I'm a goal-oriented person. Big time. I have small goals, large goals and in-between goals. I like having something to work towards and I like thinking about things.

My goals in life revolve around being the best I can be, living in a way that others can see Who I live for and making those I love feel it all the time.

As a mother, there are many things I work towards. There are many areas where I feel like I do a good job and other areas where I know I need to improve. I think taking a mental break and looking at different areas of our lives to see where we are is important. I enjoyed doing that as I wrote today's post.

My goals as a mother really center on my goals for our children. I hope that all the things I do and say will always point them the right way and that they will always know without a shadow of a doubt, the depth of my love for them.



I want my children to know that the most important thing in life is our relationship with and response to our Savior. At the end of the day, nothing in this world matters more than who we serve. I am thankful and grateful to have my Savior. I know I fail time and time again, but He picks me up and wipes me off and holds me up always. I want our boys and future children to desire a strong relationship with our Heavenly Father. I want them to want to read His Word and spend time in prayer. I want them to want to serve others. And the greatest way I can teach them about this number one priority is to live it out in front of them. They are my audience and this act of life will teach them everything.

I want my children to know that besides their relationship with Jesus Christ, family is the most important thing. I don't want my kids to ever question their place. I want them to always feel safe and secure and have a strong sense of family. I want them to know that the relationships in our little family are so important. I want them to be close to their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. I want them to know that family is forever no matter how it comes to be.

I want my children to know that they have my unconditional love. Sure, there will be times we get upset with each other, there will be times we don't agree, there will be times they go against what we think is in their best interests, but at the end of the day, they have our unconditional love and support. Nothing they did or will do causes me to have this unconditional love for them; it's there because they're my people and it's as natural for me to love them as it is for me to breathe.

I want my children to know that their daddy is the best man in this world. I love my husband more than words can say and as a mother, it's important for my children to know this. This man who is their hero is also mine. I want them to see and feel the love and devotion between us and find that with their own wives (and husbands if we have daughters) one day.

I want my children to know that I'll always stand up for them and I won't ever compare them. They were each created special just the way they are and I love every ounce of them just as they are. I don't ever want to compare them on anything - grades, sports, looks - because they are perfect as they are. I also want them to know that I'm here beside them and will always stand up for them.

I want my children to love themselves fully and be the best they can be. I pray that we instill confidence and a strong sense of self in our children. It's so important in this world. I love it that Kaden always lists himself when he says the people he loves and that he always says his name when he says his prayers at night. I don't want this to ever change.

I want my children to always take care of themselves. I try my best to eat right (it doesn't always happen) and I exercise regularly. I do it to take care of myself, but I also do it because I want to be a good example for my kids. I want them to see that it's possible to work, take care of a family and still take care of yourself. I want them to see the enjoyment I get out of cooking healthy meals and running and I want them to enjoy it too.

I want my children to always learn. I try to make learning fun and try to incorporate learning in everything we do in some aspect or another. It's important not to lose sight of learning.

I want my children to always look for the good and to not ever let the bad keep them down. We live in a cruel, cruel world full of hurt, anger and disappointment. I've certainly gone through my fair share. I want my children to always have an optimistic outlook, be full or joy and to be able to move on and stay strong no matter what they experience.

There are so many other goals I have for myself as a mother and things I want my boys to know; this is just a start!


Labels: , , , ,