Soaking up the sun and organizing made for a great last long weekend of summer!

With summer winding down and school getting ready to start, we're trying our best to soak up every second of fun and sun that we can. This past Friday was the last of my summer schedule which included Fridays off. While I'm sad that I won't have all day Friday to spend with our little ones, I'm thankful that I work in an environment that allows me to enjoy three months of three-day weekends. We've had a great summer, packed full of fun (and some relaxation, too!)

Our weekend kicked off with a softball game on Thursday night. I've really enjoyed playing co-ed softball with Kevin on our church's team much more than I thought I would. I'm a pretty competitive person and love anything athletic, so this has been fun. We had our second game of our tournament Thursday and we won - after two extra innings thanks to Kevin's last hit.

After a breakfast of waffles and sausage, we spent the morning playing. I squeezed in a run on the treadmill while talking to the boys, too. I try my best to not run unless Kevin's home playing with them while I go out, but I knew I wouldn't have a chance later and we ended up having a great time. It was too hot to go outside (and they're getting a little heavy to push at the same time), so we went upstairs and played and talked during my run. I think we all enjoyed it!

Kaden's best friend came over to play Friday morning and then we went to a new pirate splash pad that opened Friday afternoon. My SIL met me there with her girls and we had a blast. These three kid thing was easy! I told Kevin it was crazy to me because normally, the boys want my full attention when it's just us which I'm so thankful for, but with a friend over, I didn't get asked many questions or asked to play much. It was different. I'm glad they had a great time playing!





Kevin and I ran a few errands Friday night and watched some Shark Week. Please tell me you like Shark Week!

When I got up Saturday morning, I was in the mood to organize and clean. I did some major work in our laundry room that I can't wait to show you later this week.

We took the boys to a swimming birthday party Saturday at lunch and spent the afternoon swimming. It was fun! The party was for brothers who are friends of the boys. Their mom is one of my good friends and we enjoyed celebrating with them!



I was going into withdrawals from Chickfila, so Kevin and I grabbed some for dinner Saturday night and then ran a few errands including purchasing school supplies. It amazes me the quantity of some things we have to have this year - 16 glue sticks for 4K and 12 for first grade! When we got home, we hung some new pictures and did some more around the house. I can't wait to show you what we've done!

Yesterday, we spent the afternoon in my hometown. My grandma cooked lunch and invited us all over. It was nice. I know I couldn't eat like that every day though! She had made everything from turkey and dressing to pound cake with strawberries. Last night, my sister came over and we got takeout from Olive Garden as a pre-you're-leaving-for-college meal.

I'd say we filled our last long weekend with fun!

Sami's Shenanigans

Labels: