1. If the rest of the school year goes like this morning did, we're in for a treat. I think we were spoiled! The boys were downstairs (without being woken up!) by 6 AM. Before I was out of the shower, they had already dressed themselves (we lay out their clothes in our room the night before) and even had their shoes on. While I was putting on my makeup, they set the table and had gotten cereal out. (I usually cook breakfast - waffles, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, but they must've wanted cereal this morning.) By 6:50, they were finishing breakfast and had time to play before school. It was great.
2. Last night, (fingers crossed), I think I convinced Kaden that lunch bunch in 4K is going to be awesome. He stays about an hour after preschool before he's picked up. This time is called lunch bunch and the kids get to eat their lunch and play. Well, last year, he decided he didn't like it too much. He was all about wanting to pick out a lunch box a few weeks ago, so I was hoping his opinion had changed. Instead, he's been worried about it and talking about it every now and then and says his lunch box is for the lunch I pack him for Mrs. Liz's.
During dinner last night, we were talking and he said something about lunch bunch. I started talking to him about 4K lunch bunch and how cool it is going to be. He actually got really excited since 4K lunch bunch is cooler than 3K lunch bunch.
This morning, as I was making K.C.'s pizza bread (it's the homemade version of a pizza lunchable on french bread - and it was what K.C. requested), Kaden was real curious about it and wanted to know if he could have cool food like that in 4K lunch bunch. I hope when preschool starts next week, he'll have this same attitude!
3. The chicken sausage wrap from Starbucks is to die for delicious. And I want to learn to make an at-home version. I worked out before work this morning and decided I'd treat myself to a chicken sausage wrap and an Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade from Starbucks on the way into work. It was so good and sure beat the banana and granola bar I would've eaten otherwise.
4. I changed my mind about our bedding. I ordered this from Pottery Barn. It came in a few days ago and while I love the white (all-white bedding is my dream!), I don't think it's practical at this stage in our lives. I think I'm going to send it back and get something else. I don't know why, but bedding is the hardest thing in the world for me to choose.
5. I have been so busy lately. I haven't read many blogs. I haven't had much time to blog. I haven't even taken a lunch break everyday. But I'm loving it. I'm really enjoying working for my new boss and love the direction our department is moving. I'm excited about the future!
6. I'm sad that it's almost Labor Day because I don't want to give up my white pants. I love my white pants/skirts/shorts and I don't want to have to hide them away for 8 months. I'll still wear white jeans after Labor Day (call me a rebel), but I can't justify cotton pants.
7. My sister is in her first-ever official college class today. She texted me a photo of her huge class. I'm so proud of her. She's adjusted to her new city really well; she's already found a great salon (haha). She also made the news:
8. Have you ever bought anything from Sole Society? I'm really liking some shoes on the site.
Linking up with Sarah, Shanna and Megan.