Midweek Randoms

1. This has been a busy week. I know I keep saying that I'm going to start blogging regularly again - and I mean to - but life just gets in the way. We're having fun, but we're in a busy season and I want to soak it all up!

2. How precious are they? I don't mean to brag, but is this not the most adorable picture ever?


The boys had soccer pictures last night and I asked the photographer to get one of them together. I had to take one, too.

K.C. scored his first goal of the season this past weekend. I don't know who was more excited - us or him! Kaden is liking soccer, too, but that's mostly because of the snacks. We love our snaky boy!

3. I think I've finally decided what I'm going to do for the boys' bathroom redo. I found the cutest shower curtain from Serena & Lily. I'll do a whole reveal soon!

4. The cool weather when I walked out this morning makes me long for fall. I love the heat, I really do, but since beach time is essentially over, I'm ready for the cool nights and mornings. Also, I decided to run outside during the day today and I'm still burning up. I think I burned as many calories on my 3.5 mile run as I would have had I run the 5 I wanted. It was just too hot.

5. Have you seen the new iPhone? I really like the choices.

6. I found out what it feels like to have three almost the same age kids. After soccer last night, we took one of the boys' friends with us to Chickfila. His mom is a friend of mine and asked me if I could drop him off after practice. All three boys had a blast and I had to explain to them that Henry couldn't spend the night on a school night. Kaden informed me that we could give him a bath, let him wear his clothes (he and Kaden are the same size) and take him to school. They really had fun.

7. We're going to Columbia this weekend to watch the USC vs Vanderbilt game. My mom has bought tickets for most of the games now that Stephanie is there and she called me yesterday to tell me to get the tailgate on - she had gotten tickets for us at the last minute. I can assure you Kevin won't wear Clemson colors, but I can't tell you that he'll root for Carolina.

8. I really want and need a pedicure. I like to think I do a good job of this myself, but it's always more fun to go. With all my running, I hate to dish out money every few weeks when my pretty pedicures don't last. I have a black toe (thank you, running) that can almost totally be covered up if I use a dark polish, but it's because of this that I don't want to go get one now. I'm sure you really wanted to know all of that. It's called random for a reason!

And because I can't write a post today without mentioning the day, my thoughts and prayers are with all of those affected by the tragedies that occurred in our country twelve years ago. I was a freshman in high school and remember the day - every detail - vividly. I'm thankful for God's provision and comfort through that tragedy. I pray that our country leans on our Heavenly Father for guidance and direction in all that we do. I really dislike the way many things are going, but my faith and trust is in my Savior above.