That one Sunday when we did nothing... and the weekend we did everything.

This weekend was an epic one. It was one of those rare weekends where we did so much and yet so little.

Our weekend started out great. We had an extremely busy week last week with soccer, school things, church things and work which means I didn't get a chance to run quite as much as I wanted. Kevin had to cut the grass Friday night, so I took advantage of this and got in 8 miles (57:24). I felt great about my run because to tell you the truth, I've felt less than stellar about this half marathon I'm running next weekend. After I ran, I picked up Outback for dinner and we sat down and ate and watched TV and didn't worry about a thing.

My sister spent the night with us Friday. She got in late, so we stayed up and hung out with her some. I'm so thankful she's loving college so much!

The boys had their second soccer game of the season Saturday morning. The weather was beautiful! I can't wait until all of our Saturdays feel like fall, all day long.


The boys played great. K.C. really loves soccer. I'm so proud of how hard he plays! Kaden has fun, too, but sometimes, he'd rather sit in my lap than be on the field. He played for part of a quarter, and then near the end of the game, he was ready to play and wanted to go in right then. It's so cute to watch them run around! And I love that they wear our favorite numbers! Kevin's favorite is 4 and mine is 6 (I didn't even know that the boys remembered that, but K.C. told me that when he picked his jersey out!)

As soon as the soccer game was over, we rushed home to get ready to leave again. My parents bought tickets for Kevin and I to go with them to the Carolina-Vanderbilt game. We had a great time despite being Clemson fans. haha (I do have to say that my husband wore a purple RL polo with an orange pony on it though!)





Yesterday was an extremely relaxing day for us. We picked up some lunch after church and literally did nothing the rest of the day. We caught up on Covert Affairs (my favorite show) and Kevin watched some football. We even took a nap. Or two. And layed in our hammock. And watched a movie. I can't tell you the last time we have done nothing (We folded some laundry, but even that was while we were watching TV.). If you know me in real life, you know I'm an extremely busy body and I can't stand to sit still. It was tempting to do some things yesterday, but I really enjoyed our true day of rest.


What did you do this weekend?

Do you have a favorite number?

Do you ever have totally lazy days or do you like to stay busy?


Labels: , , , ,