1. You know that saying, "when it rains, it pours"? Yeah, it's true. It's been a stressful week or two. First, my 87-year old granddad was in the hospital with pneumonia last week. When he got home, he fell and has fractured his pelvis and tailbone. He was moved to an assisted living facility Monday to begin rehab for six weeks or so. Then on Saturday, Kevin crushed his finger. I'll spare you an image, but trust me, it's not pretty. Our big garage door messed up Friday, so he opened it manually Saturday and when he was closing it, his finger got crushed. The bone below his nail is fractured and it's all purple and swollen. He went to the doctor yesterday who drained it, but not before catching his hand on fire - twice! Talk about an interesting visit! Thankfully, his finger looks much better today.
2. Last night, after our boys went to sleep, I made derby pies for the Fall Festival at church, "H" treats for Kaden's class (Hot Chocolate), Candy Corn M&M Cookie Jars and put tags on 34 treat bags for the boys' classes. Before they woke up this morning, I made two dozen cupcakes for a Halloween party at Kaden's school. I really, really love doing all of this for occasions and I'm thankful I get to do so even if I'm more than slightly tired today. And I'm doubly glad the boys made their treat bags (almost entirely by themselves) this weekend!
3. I'm proud of myself. I got up before the crack of dawn yesterday and went back to the body sculpt class I took a week and a half ago. Let me tell you, an intense workout early in the morning is good. I really, really enjoyed it. I'm not planning to go to the class again this week as I have a race on Saturday that I hope to PR in and beat another goal, but I can't wait to make this class a regular part of my workout routine. 45 minutes or so of lunges and squats holding a bar does wonders!
4. I'm looking forward to Halloween. It's one of my favorite holidays. I'll do a full recap after Halloween and share our decorations, treats and cute pictures, but I just have to show you this precious picture of our sweet Indy from his school's Halloween parade.
5. I'll be decorating for Christmas next week. No, not at home, but at my church. We have a ladies Christmas dinner each year and I'm doing a table which means I'm looking for Christmas decor this weekend.
6. I'm still searching for the perfect bedding. I know you'll all be glad when I've found it (I'm sure my husband will!). There are a few duvet covers I like from Crane and Canopy, Ballard Designs and Pottery Barn, and I picked up some fabric samples from a local store as my grandma offered to make some bedding since I can't find any. I'm really not hard to please, it's just when I know it's something we'll have for multiple years, I want it to be loved. My goal is to have our room painted and done by Christmas.
Clockwise from top right: Suzanne Kasler Quatrefoil from Ballard Designs, Samantha Damask Duvet Cover Smoke Gray from Pottery Barn, The Noe Blue from Crane & Canopy, blue/green from local fabric store, blue/green/fuchsia from local fabric store, limish green/blue/gray from local fabric store.
Please give me your input!