H&FF: A New Recipe and Recap of the Week

I'm glad to be linking back up with Jen for Health and Fitness Friday. It's been too long!



Exercise
This past week has been a good one for exercise. I got in 15.1 miles for the week and have 19.5  miles since last Thursday. I've made it to the gym two times, too.

Since I'm officially through with the whole "I've got a half marathon coming up...ahhhh!" feeling, I'm back to working on my total body fitness. I want to do more on my abs and try to get some help on my glutes.

Thursday 
4 miles/27:54 - first post-half run

Friday
Rest Day

Saturday
4 miles/27:24

Sunday
3.1 miles/21:27

Monday
upper body, abs, glute workout at the gym

Tuesday
4 miles/26:13 (I think this is my fastest 4 ever!)

Wednesday 
8 minute abs

Thursday
1 mile/6:54; 1.3 miles/8:56; 2.1 miles/12:52
8 minute abs 
(I ran once in the morning and once at night, but had to stop in the middle of the second run to answer the phone and check on supper in the kitchen.)

Friday
upper body, abs, glute workout at the gym; 2 miles on the bike


Healthy Eating
I've done a lot better about eating out this week. I feel like we eat out too much and sadly, it's because of convience. Many of our activities are right after work, so by the time you're done with those, it's later and given that I can't really go home during the day to do things like put a meal in the crockpot, it's just easier to stop somewhere and eat on the way home.

Since Sunday, we've only eaten out twice. Once on soccer night and once on church night. I'd say that's pretty good. And surprisingly, I'm planning to cook dinner tonight -- on a Friday! I really enjoy feeding my family healthy foods.

I tried two new recipes this week, both on Sunday. A friend passed the recipe for her baked crispy chicken to me and I have to tell you, it was so good. You've probably heard me gripe about not being the best chicken chef before, and her recipe - so easy - helped me gain some confidence in the chicken-cooking department.

Sunday's dinner: Baked Crispy Chicken, Spaghetti Squash and Brown Rice.

Baked Crispy Chicken
Chicken Breasts
French's Onion Rings
Salad Dressing of Choice

Salt and pepper chicken. Coat chicken in dressing of choice (I used ranch). Roll chicken breast in crushed French's onion rings. Place on baking sheet and bake on 350 F for 25 minutes.

This was great and the boys liked it, too, which is always a win in my book!

Goals for the Week

This week, I want to focus on speed. I have several races coming up soon and I need to start doing speed work again. I'd like to do speed work 1-2 times and run at least 20 miles. I also plan to hit the gym for three weight sessions and some cross training on the bike. I don't cross train and I need to start. I also want to do 8 minute abs five days.

As far as eating goes, my goal is to keep up with cooking and try not to eat out as much.

What are you doing for your health this week?






Labels: ,