Halloween Recap

We had an awesome Halloween... a week ago! We had a great time with our Indiana Jones and Ninja. We did lots of fun activities and had a blast with everything!

Treat Bags
The weekend before Halloween, the boys made their treat bags. I love doing treat bags for each "big" occasion (Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's and Easter) and they love helping. This year, they each picked out their own bags and goodies and even filled them themselves. All they needed me for was to tie the bags up with tulle and ad a tag! ;)

(Sorry for the poor quality iPhone pic!)

K.C. picked out orange and black striped bags that he filled with neon teeth, parachute skeletons, Halloween pencils, some chocolate candy, chocolate graham Goldfish, Halloween ring pops, dum dums and gummy eye balls.

 Kaden chose pumpkin bags and filled them with skeleton parachuting men, Halloween pencils, chocolate candy, chocolate graham Goldfish, Halloween ring pops, dum dums and gummy eye balls.

I found these cute printables on Lil' Luna. I printed them out and tied them on each bag and added the boys' names to the back.

via


Teacher Treats
I like to give teacher treats, too. I bought everything for Christmas treats a month ago, but couldn't decide on Halloween. Thankfully, Lil' Luna came to the rescue again and I made these awesome cookie jars. The boys gave them to their teachers and I brought some to work for my colleagues. They were a big hit (even if they were semi-frustrating to put together but that could've been because it was almost midnight when I was making them!)



Pumpkin Carving
Pumpkin carving is a big tradition in our family. My granddad always gets a pumpkin for us to carve and we always carve one with Kevin's parents. This year, since my granddad fell and has been moved to a rehab facility, we didn't get to carve one with him. He'd already gotten us a pumpkin, so we did the next best thing - painted one for him. We were down at my parents' one afternoon and I let the boys each design and paint/color one side of the pumpkin.


Before Halloween, we dressed the boys up in their costumes and took them to visit and to deliver the pumpkin to Bruce. He was excited and so were they!

We also carved a pumpkin with Kevin's parents. K.C. designed it, my FIL cleaned it out and I carved it (Kevin's finger injury had happened at this point, so he took pictures).





School Parade, Fall Festival and Halloween Night
Kaden's school has a Halloween parade each year. He looked so cute marching in it!


Our church has a really nice Fall Festival every year and the boys had a great time with their cousins at it. We ate hot dogs, played games and rode on a hay ride. It was fun! Kaden and sweet Mia were literally inseparable all night.

On Halloween night, we all met at our house for Trick-or-Treating. Ordinarily, we go to my SIL's neighborhood, but this year, we stayed in ours for the first part. We had a great time, but it was insane. People were parking at the entrance to our neighborhood to trick-or-treat there. We walked down our street and another with the boys, our youngest nieces, my FIL, mom, sister and our neighbors while my MIL and dad handed out candy at our house. After trick-or-treating, we all went over to my SIL and BIL's for some great food and treats!




What's your favorite part of Halloween?

Do you have any Halloween traditions?

Labels: , , , ,