I can't believe it's Thanksgiving break already! We kicked off the holiday with some hot chocolate in front of the Christmas tree, snuggled in our pajamas with our sweet boys while watching Rudolph on TV. And Cookie Pole, our famous Elf, made his appearance on our Christmas tree this morning. The boys eyes were wide with wonder and excitement. Kaden has already starting sending Santa messages via Cookie Pole.
These next few days, I plan to relax with family, eat my FIL famous turkey and sample too many desserts. But there are also a few other things I want to do:
- Catch up with my best friend who's in town for a few days. We have plans for lunch and some afternoon fun today!
- Help the boys decorate their Clemson tree. I bought this white tree from the dollar store a few years ago with all intentions of hosting a white elephant party. Yesterday, I had the brilliant idea to buy some white lights and orange and purple Christmas balls. The boys' currently share a room and it's Clemson-themed. I think they'll love their Tiger tree!
- Get in a few runs. I've been running about 4 miles in the morning before work and I'd like to get in a longer run sometime during the break. I've got a yearly mileage goal I want to reach.
- May the odds be ever in your favor! A date to the movies to see Catching Fire with my sweet husband would make me really happy.
- Decorate our house some more. I don't normally put up the tree before Thanksgiving, but the boys have been asking, so we let them put it up last week. I want to hang the wreaths and stockings, wrap some more gifts and have our house ready for my favorite season.
- Black Friday shop with my sister. Neither of us has ever shopped on Black Friday. And we don't have anything we're looking for, but we both think it will be fun to see what the craziness is about. We haven't decided entirely if we're staying in town or heading to the outlets at the beach, but either way, it'll be fun.
- Watch the Clemson Carolina game with my husband and family. I like watching Clemson games with Kevin. He still talks to me even when Clemson is playing. It makes me happy!
- Finish the boys' books. I am almost totally done with Kaden's 3 year book and about halfway done with K.C.'s 5 year book. I haven't started on our 2012 family book, but thanks to Blurb's awesome "copy" feature, I'll be able to get that done in no time. Blurb is running a Christmas special through Monday, so I want to get them done by then.
Codes for Blurb's Cyber Sale:
30% off of $75 or more order - CYBER1
25% off order under $75 - CYBER2
$25 off large book with premium paper upgrade - CYBER3
25% off 2 or more books and free shipping - BETTER25