Happy Friday! Is it just me or has this first full week of the new year been pretty good? I told my husband I felt like it was more relaxed than I expected. We're usually go, go, go, but this week, we've been home and it's been so nice. I've even cooked dinner a few nights.
1. I haven't had much - ok, any - motivation to get up as early as normal and exercise this week. I don't know if it was over two weeks off, a little extra sleep (by extra I mean 7 a.m. as opposed to 6) or staying up later than normal a few times over the past week watching the Orange Bowl, a movie or two and the national championship game, but I haven't been able to pull myself out from under my cozy covers this week. I've snuck in a few miles here and there, but I've missed the class I was planning to attend at my gym and missed my early morning sweat sessions on the treadmill. I'll be back at it next week.
2. Three words: Gevalia Caramel Macchiato. I'm not a huge coffee drinker unless it's really cold out and even then, I'm usually a decaf girl, but I love lattes, frappes and macchiatos especially when they're from Starbucks. I have a Keurig stuck in a cabinet somewhere at home (what's the point of leaving it out when I'm the only one who uses it and I don't ever even make coffee at home), but when I saw these K-cups, I knew I had to buy them. I made my first at work this week and let me tell you. It's so good!
3. Nerf wars can sometimes cause problems, but they can also give you the sweetest moments. The boys, particularly K.C., love to have Nerf wars (and I often find leftover Nerf bullets in my purse and workbag which makes me smile). Earlier this week, we had a Nerf fight. We were on our usual teams - Kevin and Kaden vs. K.C. and me, but I tactfully somehow convinced Kaden that we had to sneak up on Kevin and get him. So around the stairs into the dining room we went. It was dark in there and my sweet husband shot towards me as I leaned over and down and kabam, Nerf bullet to the eye. Ouch! We have this rule about no aiming above the chest that we all follow, but sometimes, things happen. Now to the sweetness: K.C. ran into the kitchen, got out a snack-sized Ziploc back and filled it with ice before bringing it to me. I know I'm biased, but I think we have some sweet, compassionate boys!
4. I tried a new recipe this week and it was good!
5. What do you use for a daily devotional? I received Jesus Calling by Sarah Young for Christmas, but I've been reading a chapter of Mended by Angie Smith as my devotion each day. I'm going to be sad when I finish it.
Labels: Five on Friday