It's time for one of my favorite link-ups of the week: Five on Friday!
1. I made a meal plan last week and I've stuck to it. Y'all, I can't tell you how big of an accomplishment this is for me. I always plan in my head what I want to cook and sometimes write it down, but this week, I meal planned for real and it's been great. One of my 2014 goals is to try a new recipe each week and that I've done. New recipes this week have included fried rice, seseame chicken and chicken and rice.
2. The Olympics are coming soon! I am a total Olympic junkie. I love it. Last weekend, I may have watched ten hours of figure skating (that's an exaggeration, but it was good!). The boys are pretty excited about the Olympics, too. We've been watching bobsledding, ski jumping and even some curling to get them up to speed on the winter olympics.
3. My post on maintaining a great relationship with your husband after kids was published on BlogHer yesterday. I'm pretty excited about that!
4. Everyone in our house is under the weather. We've all got a touch of a cold or something and it's no fun. I went to Target this morning and stocked up on Airborne, Emergen-C and Zarbee's. I don't like my three guys being sick and I have a race tomorrow, so I want to feel better and have some energy. Which one to try first?
5. I'm looking forward to the long weekend. I really just want to relax and play. We have no plans other than my race tomorrow and church on Sunday. I also want to get our bedroom and bathroom painted, but we'll see if that happens.
What do you like to do on long weekends?