It's been a while since I've done a completely random post - who am I kidding? Most of my posts are completely random. In the essence of "I can't believe it's already Wednesday", a yucky cold and a full week, a bulleted list seems like just the cure for today.
1. I can't wait for the Olympics to start. I love watching figure skating (Have I ever mentioned I used to figure skate competitively?), bobsledding, snowboarding, ski jumping - I love it all. We've been preparing the boys for the excitement of the Olympics, too. Before bed, we'll pull up videos of bobsledding and skiing for them to watch. I can't wait to start watching tomorrow night!
2. Colds are yucky. I feel like I'm fighting a cold. The boys have been sniffly, Kevin's had a cold and now I think it's gotten me. I've tried orange juice, sweating it out, vitamins and some allergy medicine, but I'm scared I'll have to resort to some actual medicine tonight if I'm not feeling better. And I really don't like that.
3. Do you know how hard it is to find a plain white lampshade? I love the lamps beside our bed, but they have cream shades. With our new bedding, I need white. I think a white shade will look nice on the lamps, but I really don't want to pay $70 or more for each shade. I could almost buy a lamp for that.
4. Work has been insane this week. I don't want to gripe about it because I really love my job, but it's been busy. We were closed 2.5 days last week for the snow which put us behind on some things during the busiest season of the year. I've worked late some the last week for some commercial shoots and a presentation and I've been up early for a radio segment I do. While it's all fun and I really enjoy it, I really try my best to not schedule anything outside of the normal workday because I don't like missing my family.
5. I could live in my Uggs. I've even worn them to work on days when I haven't had crazy meetings all day (I always bring an extra pair of shoes just in case!).
6. The boys started soccer again last night. K.C. was so excited about it. I was so proud of them. I think it was the first practice ever - in his two seasons of playing - that Kaden hasn't asked for snacks during practice.
7. There are some things I'd like to write about, but they're too sweet to share. I like to treasure these things in my heart.
8. How about the Super Bowl? I have to say, I wasn't too impressed with many of the commercials this year, but I loved Bruno Mars at halftime.
9. This week, I'm concentrating on this verse: My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9
10. Do you have any easy, healthy meal recommendations that everyone likes?