Easter 2014

*Warming: Picture Overload!

We had a great Easter celebrating the resurrection of our Savior!

Our Easter celebrations started a week early as Kaden had his Easter program at school. We had to make some type of hat and he wanted to do bunny ears just like last year. We even had to pull out the photo book to make sure we did them just right.

The kids all walked into their program waving palm branches and then sand a few songs. One of my favorites was "Rolled Away." They did such cute motions as they sang about how the stone was rolled away and Jesus had risen from the dead.

We had an Easter Egg Hunt at church last Saturday morning. The kids had a blast finding eggs and playing in the bounce houses. I also - for the first time ever - got a picture of both of the boys with the Easter Bunny.









Last weekend, we dyed Easter eggs. This is a tradition that I'm sure everyone has. The boys had a great time. FYI: If you run out of regular vinegar, balsamic does not make your colors turn out correctly. Also, if you run out of white eggs and have to use brown eggs, dye them in darker colors.





After we dyed eggs, Kevin and I hid over 100 plastic eggs in our backyard. The boys had a great time finding them.





In Sunday School the last few weeks, we've been using Resurrection Eggs. I picked mine up at Hobby Lobby and they are great. In each of the twelve eggs, there is something that is used to tell the story of Easter. It also came with a book that includes scripture and a few sentences about each item. The final egg is empty to signify the empty tomb. I loved watching the kids as they opened the eggs one-by-one and listened to Christ's resurrection. They were able to go through the eggs and recount the story. Our boys and our Sunday School class loved these.

We had an awesome church service Sunday. We went to the early service as I had to sing in both services and loved it. We normally go to our regular service, but I really think I'd like to start going to the early service. There was so much energy and we got to see a lot of people we don't ordinarily see.

After church, we went down to my grandma's for lunch with my family. It was delicious as always. We stopped by the rehab center where my granddad is still and visited with him on our way home. He is still so sharp mentally and it pains me that his body is so weak.

When we got home, we had a few last Easter Bunny things to take care of as the boys weren't home on Easter morning. When they got home, we went on a scavenger hunt to find the baskets the Easter Bunny left them.

  


They each got a bathing suit, a water quirt thing, some movies, books, a color changing car and some candy. They were excited!




My sister and her boyfriend came over early before dinner and we all played baseball outside. I am so proud of how well the boys are doing with baseball!



Stephanie's boyfriend, Dalton, is a pitcher and will be playing in college this fall.


Later that night, our family came over for dinner. My mom cooked a delicious meal and brought it to our house. I'm so thankful that our families get along so well and really enjoy being together. The boys' got treats from their grandparent's too. The MiMi Bunny brought new baseball cleats and the BeBe Bunny brought a basket of goodies. My mom gave us a few things too including a book titled "Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Little Golden Book."



I'm thankful that we serve a Risen Savior and seek to live everyday like it's Easter!









Labels: