Listening

During this Lenten season, I've been trying to do better about looking for where God is working in my life and in the world around me and being in tune with His will and His promises for my life. It's amazing the difference it makes.

via

Each Wednesday night, I have choir practice. And lately, it's been during this hour or so that I can feel God speaking to me. I know it may sound crazy, but I know it's true. He speaks to me through music.

My mom is a musician, her mom is a musician, her granddad was a musician. Me? Well, I sing and I can play the piano, but I haven't ever turned to music as my vocation. My mom has told several stories to me through the years regarding how God has spoken to her through music. And he's doing it to me, too.

There are several things I've been praying about ferverently and it's almost as if God says, "I've got this" as we sing different songs. I know that you may say that can be applied to many things, but I really believe that God allows those broad things that could be applied to anything hone in on those things that are heavy on our hearts. And He's doing that for me.

He's revealing more of Himself to me. He's showing me His promises. He's convicting my heart. He's showing me His way. And I'm craving time to be in His word each day.

A beautiful thing happens when we allow God to lead us and move us.

Here's to being still and listening.

Labels: