March in Review and February Goals

I can't believe it's April already! Where has the time gone? This year is flying by way too fast. 

With that said, it's time to review March and plan for this new month which just so happens to be one of my favorite months of the year! 

Overall, March was a big fat fail in the completed goals department. We did have a good month though! We did many things that weren't on my goal list and we had a lot of fun.

We traveled to Birmingham for a family wedding, celebrated Kevin's birthday, the boys had a few soccer games, I ran four races and we had built ins built in our den.

March Goals:
1. Finish decorating our bedroom - This is not quite done. We've hung a new picture, found new lampshades and added some extra accessories, but there are a few more things I'd like to do. 
2. Finish the boys' bathroom - Fail. I didn't even work on it in March. It looks really good, I just need to get a few things up on the walls. I'd also like to get the towels monogrammed. 
3. Go through my closet - This didn't happen either.
4. Start our 2014 family book, finish our 2013 family book and get caught up on Kaden's four year book - I really need to get a move on this. Kaden's fifth birthday is next week!
5. PR in a 5K and 10K - I PR'd in a 5K and broke 20 all at once! 19:48 is my official new 5K race PR. I ran and won a 10K, but I didn't PR. That was fine by me though!
6. Get and keep our catch all counter organized! - Our counter is getting more organized, but we still have that "drop spot." Please tell me you have one, too!

Here's my list of regular yearly goals that I work on every month:
1. Spend quality time with God daily - I've been doing a good job reading my Bible each day. I have a great plan I'm following to read the Bible thru this year and I'm really enjoying learning more. I am slightly behind in some of the Old Testament readings, but I'll catch up.
2. Do a devotion and pray with Kevin and the boys each day - We do this daily. The boys love their Jesus Story Book Bible and we've been using the Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing devotional with them. The way the stories and the devotions are presented is just beautiful!
3. Memorize one verse a week myself - I'm still working on this. I've learned a few new verses, but it's an area where I'll continue to work.
4. Memorize scripture with the boys - We're doing this. So far, we've learned about five verses.
5. Run one race a month - I ran four races in March: Run for Cancer, Pacing for Pieces, Sports Medicine Challenge and Titan Trot
6. Take a class at the gym - I've done horrible with this. With family and work, there's just not time for me to take a class consistently. I've focused more on working out myself and running than a class. I think I need to just accept that I'm not going to be a regular class attendee. I'd like to, but at this point, it's just not in the cards.
7. Tithe - check on this one.
8. Savings - check on this one, too!
9. Finish decorating our room and the boys' bathroom - See above!
10. Read one book a month - I almost finished a book, Lowcountry Summer by Dorothea Benton Frank. If you counted all the Magic Tree House books and other kids books we read, I'd have well over a hundred.
11. Try one new recipe a week - I didn't try a new recipe each week in March. Being out of town and a packed schedule meant we ate tried and true meals or out more than we should have.
12. Take lunch 4 times a week - I did well with this for the most part. I packed my lunch most days and think I ate lunch out only five or six times in March.
13. Write regularly on my blog and use social media effectively - I think I'm doing better with this. The hard part for me is sitting down to write. I also started a new blog, Running Smiles, devoted entirely to running in March. 


April Goals:
1. Finish decorating our bedroom
2. Finish decorating the built ins
3. Get a new kitchen table
4. Finish the boys bathroom
5. Finish our 2013 family book and Kaden's four year book and start on our 2014 family book and Kaden's fifth year book
6. Go through my clothes
7. Run 100 miles
8. Continue to add in core work and strength train at least twice a week
9. Try five new recipes
10. Organize our pictures

Labels: ,