I can't believe we have an almost second grader.

First grade was a blast! I am still in disbelief that the year is already over, but it is, which means its time to look back on K.C.'s first grade year.


Here he is on the last day of first grade.

K.C. loved his teacher this year and so did we! We could not have had a better teacher or first grade experience than we had.

First grade was a year of many "firsts" for our boy. His first "real" homework, first spelling tests, first book report (on Indiana Jones) and so many other things. We are so proud of the boy he is and is becoming.

K.C. is inquisitive about every single thing. I hope he always questions, wonders and asks until he has an answer that satisfies him. This will carry him far in every area of his life. 

He loves school and doesn't mind homework at all. We developed a great routine during the year. We have a desk that was mine when I little that my mom got from a school that closed and gave to us for the boys that's our official homework spot. At homework time each night, K.C. would go to the desk, get his pencil ready and start his homework. It was great.

We also played games while learning spelling words and different sight words. I'll share more about those in another post.

It's time for the end of the year interview questions!

Best Friend: Rocket

Favorite Thing About 1st Grade: Science

Favorite Extra Activity: Science (our boy loves science and is so good in it!)

Favorite Field Trip: Pirates Voyage (I had fun on this one, too!)



Favorite Colors: Red, blue, green and yellow

Favorite Food: Noodles (he'd eat pasta for every meal if I'd let him)

Favorite Sport: Soccer

Favorite Candy: Suckers

Favorite Number: 0

Favorite Thing to Play: Games

Favorite Games: Monopoly, Battleship, Clash of Clans

Favorite Clothes: Ducky Shirts (Southern Marsh shirts)

Favorite Book: Magic Tree House books, Hardy Boys

What do you want to be when you grow up? I have no idea. An engineer.

Favorite Bible Story: Daniel and the Lion's Den

Favorite Movie: The Chipmunks: Shipwrecked

Least Favorite Thing: Broccoli (to which he informed me was going to be his answer every year)

Favorite Thing About Yourself: All of me. How fast I am. (We love all of you buddy and your sweet spirit.)

What I Want to Do This Summer: Play with KK (our niece)

Favorite Teacher: All of them.

We're so proud of you, K.C.!

We love you!





Labels: ,