Fall Wish List

It's almost fall, y'all! I haven't done much shopping for myself lately. The truth is, I have so many clothes it's a sin and shopping for the kids and our home is way more fun to me now than shopping for myself. But, there are still a few things I'd like to pick up this fall.

I've pulled out some older dresses and pants the last few weeks that haven't fit. Most of these things have been hanging in my old closet at my parents for a long time, but I still liked them, so when I finally cleaned out that closet, I ended up with what felt like new clothes (and my nieces lucked out with about four giant trash bags full of clothes and purses and the rest were donated). Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), many of them were too big. I guess all of my running has changed my shape because my weight is within five pounds of what it's been since I've been an adult. My husband said that I need to start rebuilding my wardrobe, so that's just what I'm doing! (I know you don't think I listen to much of your advice babe, but I heard this one loud and clear! Love you!)

I love skirts and dresses for work and J.Crew's new Shorttail Mini is so cute. I'm a sucker for bright colors if you haven't already noticed. The J.Crew pencil skirt is my all-time favorite for work, too, so I'd like to pick another one up in a darker hue for this fall.


J.Crew Shorttail Mini

J.Crew Pencil Skirt in Warm Jade

I love skinny jeans and cords, but I can't exactly get away with those at work. I saw Old Navy's new pixie pant and I think this is a great solution to my strong dislike of pants other than jeans. 

Old Navy Pixie Pant


Tracy Negoshian is one of my favorite designers period. I wear one of her dresses at least once a week. I even have one on as I'm typing this. Her new fall line is out, but as I browsed her sale items, I came across a few dresses I really like that are perfect transition pieces from summer to fall to winter. 

Tracy Negoshian Jackie Dress


Tracy Negoshian Elizabeth Dress

Thankfully, it doesn't get really cold here until the end of October or into November which means I'm able to wear shorts into the fall. I love this pair by Lilly Pulitzer. I'd definitely wear them with a darker top to help them not scream "summer."
Lilly Pulitzer Callahan Short

I love flats. I wear heels most days to work, but I love a good flat. I always have a hard time time finding just the right transition flat. I saw this shoe on Mix and Match Mama's blog a few weeks ago and knew I had to get it.
Vince Camuto Ellen Flat

I also think I'd like to try a bootie for the first time this year. I'm pretty classic and traditional when it comes to most things, but I think I like this trend.


DC by Dolce Vita Pellie Wedge Booties

I love wedges. I love the height they give me (I'm only 5'2!), but I don't like wearing stilettos everyday (I used to). 

Kenneth Cole Reaction Bond-Ed Wedges

I'd also like to find a new pair of black and tan heels, but other than that, I'm set. I'm really already set, but it's always fun to add a few things to your wardrobe!


Labels: ,