Confessional Friday

A little weekly confessional is always good for the soul.



1. I confess I've spent too much time (and probably money) in Hobby Lobby lately. I'm not super crafty, but Hobby Lobby can make even the least craftiest of us look good. I get sucked in to all of the cute things. I guess it's a good thing we have two boys because I'm totally in love with all the pink and gold I've seen in there recently, and in a house with three guys, I can't get away with that.

2. I confess that I haven't eaten candy in forever... until this week. For some reason, I haven't wanted candy at all lately. I don't think I've eaten any that amounts to anything since probably last Christmas. I didn't even eat the Reese's Cup my sweet boy gave me on Halloween. But, Saturday night, I ate a whole Butterfinger and it was good. And last night, I may have had a mini Musketeer and Milky Way. And you know what? I haven't missed it at all.

3. I confess that I don't know if we'll ever find a kitchen table. We need one, badly. We have one, but we need a new one, preferably that seats six. We did a bit of furniture shopping when we took the kids to the zoo on Tuesday, but we couldn't find anything we both like that will work. I did, however, find a really lovely dining room table that seats 12. Unfortunately, it won't work in the kitchen where I need it to go. My preference is a round table that seats six and can be expanded to seat 8-10 with a leaf. If you know where I can get one, let me know!

4. I confess that I'm totally and completely in the mood for Christmas. I really want to watch Home Alone while I drink hot chocolate. I'm usually not in the Christmas mood until that socially acceptable time right after Thanksgiving, but I can't wait to put up our decorations and enjoy the Christmas season.

5. I confess that I can fall asleep literally anywhere. I have this problem that's called I get up early and run, have my work day, do fun family things, cook, and homework and all that goes with taking care of your family each night, and then once I sit down, I am out as in it doesn't matter if my husband's watching a game with his friends, I'm at my in-laws, or my sister is over. At a certain point, once I sit down and get comfortable, I'm out.

6. I confess that I think call waiting is one of the rudest things ever. I rarely take a call if I'm on the phone with someone else. If my husband calls, that's one thing, but if I'm talking to someone, I wait and return the call when I get off the phone. When I was growing up, we didn't have call waiting where you could see who was calling and we survived.

Labels: