My boys take down trees and other tidbits from our weekend

We had an awesome weekend! It was so much fun and relaxing. I don't know about you, but I sometimes have a hard time totally unwinding on the weekend. If there are things that need to be done, I want to get them done right then which isn't always conducive to relaxation. I'm really trying hard to work on this and I think I'm making good progress. It's all about the baby steps!

When we made it home Friday night, we walked into a ready-made meal. I put a roast in my crock pot at lunch and by dinnertime, it was all ready.

After dinner, we decided to have a family movie night. We bathed the boys and they put on their pajamas and we made a palette on our bedroom floor and popped in Peter Pan. I made a big bowl of buttery popcorn (which K.C. ate almost entirely alone!) and some hot chocolate that we enjoyed during the movie. It was so much fun!

Saturday was another fun day. We decided to go to my parents for the day and had a great time. The boys love going there and playing outside, but during the fall, we don't really have as many opportunities to go with all the sports we play.

My mom made lunch and both my grandmas were there to eat with us. After lunch, we visited some and then went outside for the rest of the day. My dad is in the process of building this clubhouse and stable. He's doing it himself and it's looking really good. The boys had a great time playing down there.

My mom was keeping my sister's little dog, Ollie, and we all had fun playing with him. And no, I still don't want a pet. We also rode the mule around. I was really proud of my mom, too! I've been trying to get her to do a 5K with me for forever and on Saturday, she started doing some intervals. We did about 15 minutes of running/walking in 30 second bits. She did great! She texted me yesterday that she had done intervals for 30 minutes yesterday. I'm proud!

After dinner, we bathed the boys and headed home. Our little one always falls asleep in the car, so we wanted him to be all clean and ready for bed when we got home.

K.C. and I went to church Sunday morning. Kevin and Kaden have both had a bad cold and weren't feeling super when they woke up Sunday. It was our Sunday to teach Sunday School and K.C. decided he wanted to sit in class with me and help instead of going to his own class. He was a good little helper! My MIL also helped. We usually have 10-11 five year olds who can be a little rowdy, but this Sunday, there were only five kids and they were the sweetest ever!

After Sunday school, we had a joint worship service under a big tent. We are going to build a new sanctuary and we had a special service for it. The music and sermon were both great.

We had a covered dish lunch after church. I asked K.C. if he wanted to stay or go home. His response: "Are they going to have sweet tea?" Why, yes, there was sweet tea, so we stayed.

When we got home, Kevin and Kaden were feeling a little bit better. We decided to go outside later in the afternoon and take a walk through the woods behind our house. The boys also decided they wanted to cut down a tree.

It was a small tree, and they kept bending it back and forth until finally, they had it on the ground. They were so excited!

It was a really nice weekend!