SNAPSHOTS FROM OUR WEEKEND | January 12, 2015

We had a really fun weekend!

We started our Friday night with a quick dinner at McAllister's Deli. I had their "grown up" grilled cheese and fire roasted vegetable soup. (Sidenote: Did you know you can get soup samples? I'm not usually all about soup, but Friday was cold and soup sounded good. I asked how spicy the soup was and I got a little cup to taste. It reminded me of when I was little and I would sample different ice cream flavors.)



After we ate, we went to TJ Maxx and Target and picked up a few things.

K.C. had his first basketball game (and Kevin's first as a coach) Saturday morning. Our team played well even though we didn't win the game. Watching 8 and under kids play basketball is entertaining.



After his game, Kevin and I got to work on hanging up his fishing rod holder his dad made for our garage. It looks good if I do say so myself!



We went to the first birthday party that afternoon and had a movie date to see Mockingjay: Part 1. It was good. Kevin has been wanting to see it, but I've been iffy because I heard it was slow and not worth seeing in the theater. I'm glad we went though because it was really good. I'm looking forward to the last one.

We spent some time doing fun things around the house like dusting and sweeping Saturday afternoon and got take out for dinner. Later that night, Kevin's best friend came over to watch the football game.

Yesterday was spent at home for the most part. When we were leaving church, my phone started ringing and it was Kaden (they weren't home this weekend) and he wanted me to buy some things for his science experiments (they got a book with 101 different science experiments in it) so when he got home later that day, we could do some of them. When I got groceries, I picked up what we needed for some experiments. We had one happy scientist last night!



Last night, my parents and sister stopped by and had dinner with us (Sunday Night Stew - more on that later). It was nice to visit with them for a few minutes.




What was the best part of your weekend?

Labels: , ,