VALENTINE'S DAY PRETTIES | A gift guide of sorts

I got an email this morning from an old colleague about the best chocolates in the world. It was a reminder about Valentine's Day. It made me start thinking about the upcoming holiday (and chocolate). I'm generally not a huge "I want this!" kind of girl, but that email and my husband asking me what I'd like for the holiday made me think about some things that might be nice to have.

I enjoy Valentine's Day because it's fun to think of something sweet and unique to give my husband. I like to reminisce about our love story, too. (Cue the sappy music.) I'm very thankful, though, that our love for each other is demonstrated every day and I don't need a special day to remember that. That said, I do love the romance and fun that comes with this set-aside day to celebrate the one I love!

I'm not a huge things person; I'd rather get a really sweet card and and an experience (I'm all about that.) I'd plan something fun to do together like a concert, dinner and a movie, or a couples massage. (Don't worry, I take care of that one for every occasion - it's become a joke in our house that I get a gift every time there's something, including my husband's birthday, to celebrate because I always get him a gift certificate for a couple's massage!) But, if I have to make a list of "things" I'd like, here are a few ideas.

I've started wearing a lot more gold jewelry than I have in the past and I don't have a gold watch. I got a nice silver watch for our first anniversary and have a tortoiseshell I wear from time to time, but I don't have a gold watch. I like wearing a watch to work because I like to know what time it is, especially when I'm sitting in a long meeting (I don't like to take my cell phone in most meetings).


Riley Rose Gold Watch


Decker Rose Gold Watch

Another sweet gift would be a photo book of you and your Valentine. I'm the queen of making photo books and a nice small one with photos of my Valentine and I would be treasured forever. Blurb is currently running a 20% off promotion.



I also need a new makeup bag. My old freebie bag from Clinique has seen better days. We gave my sister a cute Scout bag for her birthday and I rather liked it for myself.



A box full of love notes and chocolate is always welcome, too.

But really, the greatest gift (as cliche as it sounds) is getting to have my Valentine everyday for life.

What's on your Valentine wish list?

Linking up with Tucker Up, Because Shanna Said So, Get Your Pretty On, and The Pleated Poppy.






Labels: , ,