Happy EIGHTH Birthday, K.C.!




Dear K.C.,

I can't believe you're eight years old today! Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday you were a bright-eyed little three year old who asked me to feed him ice cream. I fell in love with you that day (and Daddy and Kaden, too!) and I thank God every day for bringing my three boys into my life.

Seven was a big year for you! You lost your first tooth (four of them, so far!), broke your first bone (arm), caught your first shark, took off on your bike on your own, played your first season of basketball, and so many other things.

You are the sweetest, funniest, kindest, and most determined boy I know. When you are interested in something, you give it your all. This trait will carry you far throughout your life.

You are also fiercely competitive. I think you have Daddy and me to blame for that one! You like to win and try your best to do just that whether it's playing soccer, a video game, or Monopoly.

K.C., you are a treasure. You love to find treasure and hear about it, but you, my sweet boy, are the greatest treasure.

Your little brother looks up to you so much. I'm so thankful for the relationship you two have. Always remember to set a good example for him. You have a built-in best friend. That's a beautiful thing.

You are growing up before our eyes and while it makes me miss the days of doing so many things for you, I'm thankful for how well you take care of yourself. You want to figure out things on your own, and that is good.

You love your family and friends so much. I treasure all of your hugs, kisses, "I love yous," and sweet notes. Just like you save your lunchbox notes, I save my notes from you. I love to keep them and look at them. They remind me of you.

You love Jesus, too. You're so interested in learning different things about the Bible and I'm so grateful to see how God is working in your little heart. Last summer, you asked Jesus to live in your heart and just last week, you told us you think you are ready to get baptized. My greatest prayer for you and your brother is that you'll always allow God to lead your life. By following Him and His Word, you'll live a life of great adventure.

In a few shorts weeks (but after a week of fun at the beach), it will be time for you to go back to school. You'll be in third grade! I can hardly wrap my mind around it!

As good and as full of happiness as your seventh year was, I know this year will be even better. You're growing, learning new things, and becoming such a young man. It thrills my heart to see how you're maturing into this new little boy.

Always know how much we love you. No matter where you are or what you're doing, know that you are home to us. We love you more than words can say.

I love you, my precious little boy!

Love,

Your Anna Belle

Labels: , ,